Monday, August 28, 2023

Weekending 8/28/23

 Good Morning,

It is mostly clear out there, but to me it looks more cloudy.  I'm hoping the rain will hold off till tonight or tomorrow - I have plans for Fletch to grill wings tonight:)

How was your weekend?  Mine was very nice.  Dee and I met up at the Landsale Farmers' Market for a change from our usual venue.  We walked around a bit, bought some corn (not great...) and I got tomatoes and peppers from Frank.  Frank is a high school classmate of Colin & Mailing's and he runs the Kimberton CSA.  It was nice to see him again and catch up a bit.

After the Market, we headed to a Manhattan Bagel for coffee (and I did have a bagel), knitting and chatting.  Bonus for us - there was live bluegrass music and the band/group was really good.  Fun times.

On my way home I stopped at Colin & Mailing's place to check mail and water houseplants.  And, after that I went to the laundromat to wash a few clothes and some sheets.  A thrilling afternoon.  I will say it is wonderful to get two loads of wash done at the same time.  Lugging back all the wet things is not so much fun!  Hopefully I will hear today about when the repair guys can come back with the motherboard to (finally) fix my washer (hopefully for good!).

Sunday was a very nice day too.  I had more laundry to do, but that went quickly and I had a lot of time for stitching!  Fletch put a final handrail along the garden fence and picked more green beans (so prolific this year) and I spotted some tomatoes to pick!!


The Sungold Cherry Tomatoes (so sweet) are finally producing and I spotted the first of the bigger tomatoes.  These are by no means huge, but I'll take them!

Fletch and I also came up with alternate dates for our vacation - these are before Colin & Mailing will be up.  I've emailed my 4 bosses and so far have heard back from one (she is OK with the alternate dates).  Hopefully this will work (and, Dee, I should be able to make BOTH fiber festivals!!).

Enjoy these last days of August.  I'm excited that September will be here on Friday!!

15 comments:

  1. I am keeping all my fingers crossed that you get the okay from everyone else on your requested vacation and that your washer finally gets fixed this week! I can't believe it's almost September. I just hope we get more September-like weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for a fixed washing machine soon and for alternate vacation dates to be okayed! If you can fit it in with two fiber festivals and C&M's visit that would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will add my crossed fingers for positive vacation dates and a working washer! Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had corn last night and it was great, I'm sorry yours was not. Sounds like a busy weekend and I sure hope your washing machine has a permanent fix very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't had any sweet corn yet this season. We keep forgetting about it. Unusual for us. Maybe today.

    Glad to hear that you're still working on getting away for a vacation. Never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope you get your washer fixed soon. It has to be getting old for you. Glad that you have some alternate dates and hope that it gets approved quickly. And TWO fiber festivals? Lucky, lucky you. I haven't been to one in years.
    I have got to get busy packing for our trip. We leave next Sunday and I haven't done anything yet.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you'll be able to make vacation AND the fiber festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My neighbours tomatoes are ripening nicely, but mine are all still very green. The nights are just starting to cool off here, so I expect I'll be seeing colour soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my fingers and toes are crossed your alternative dates are a YES!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love September, but summer is NEVER long enough! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to have a wonderful time with Dee! The sungold tomatoes are gorgeous! Hoping your washer gets revamped correctly this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many folks have put tomato plants in their front gardens this year that I am tempted to "borrow" one as I stroll by. The deer ate all mine and I'm afraid the green ones won't have enough summer left to ever get ripe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are very nice looking tomatoes. It's so interesting that my tomatoes gave me a good crop but are now looking very sad. The plants need to be pulled. Fingers crossed that the vacation time works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dense fog this morning after a night of rumbling thunder. The sun chased the fog away about 10AM. Your garden seems to be producing well. I hope your vacation dates are approved.

    ReplyDelete