Monday, August 14, 2023

Weekending 8/14/23

 Good Morning My Lovlies!

How are you today?  It is beautiful outside - just 66 degrees, a few clouds, but otherwise nice.  I've already been out and about!  I needed to have blood drawn and when I woke in the middle of the night, I decided this morning would be the day.  It worked out perfectly.  I did not have an appointment, but was the first person at the lab and was in and out in minutes.  Now my coffee is brewing and my day can start.  There was a lot of traffic at 6:15 a.m. though - I guess more and more folks are going into their offices on a regular basis.


Look what came up in my library queue!!  I started this yesterday and am about 70 pages in.  No opinion yet...but will let you know what I think.  I also picked up "Horse" by Geraldine Brooks, but I think I should buckle down and tackle This Book first.  I want to be ready for the "Read With Us" meeting in September!

So my weekend was very nice.  Saturday I met up with Dee as usual, but for a change, I drove to her house and then she drove us to Hellertown where we met up with Bonny  What a delightful time - lots of chatting and laughing and then a delicious lunch at Braveheart.  It was so nice to all be together again.  And I didn't even think to take a picture of us!  Boo....

Fletch and I tried a new Mexican place for dinner Saturday night and that was a big disappointment!  We cannot seem to find a good Mexican restaurant around us.

The balance of my weekend was spent doing some chores, a little knitting, a little stitching and a little reading.  What I call a well-balanced weekend!

We've been having a bit of rain here and there.  Enough that things have gotten damp and the little white mushrooms are popping up here and there.


More rain is in our forecast for tonight and tomorrow.  

No other news really.  I'm heading to the office soon.  I don't really have to go, but I want to go to Trader Joe's and since I will be there, I'll pop into the office, check the mail, etc.  An exciting Monday!  Wishing you a great start to your week - Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. my days of getting in and out of lab as the number one person are gone around this town. I'm lucky if my wait is under an hour! I am trying to accept that. so glad you got together with your bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your trip to the office is uneventful and your trip to TJ's is fruitful! :)
    I have just started Tom Lake as well! No thoughts here either... but I am telling myself to slow down and savor it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom Lake just came across my radar. I'll wait to see what you think.

    We are saturated after a weekend of rain. Ugh. I should have been careful what I wished for earlier this month, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a perfect well-balanced weekend, Vera! I've just finished Tom Lake for the second time . . . I read an advanced copy last spring, and now I've just finished listening to the audio version (read by Meryl Streep -- and she's the perfect narrator for this book). Here's to a great week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the heat is coming my way this week so I need to find a good book to read in front of the fans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost put that book in my Audible cart the other day but I opted for a mystery instead that is pretty meh. I'll have to get it with my next credit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a slow and satisfying weekend--nice for you! I wish rain was happening here---still too hot and steamy; Sept can't come fast enough! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was definitely fun on Saturday. Hope we can all do it again sooner rather than later. A good lunch out is just a side benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our rains, mostly downpours, have brought on the most unusual and gross types of fungi ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suppose you made the most of being up early! I always try to go in early when I have to get bloodwork done because so often I have to do it fasting, and I don't want to have to wait too long for my coffee. As I told Bonny, I think the lack of photos of the three of you means you were having a wonderful time together, and really that's what's important. Hope your trip to the office was quick and uneventful so you can be home and comfy when the rain moves in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Tom Lake and will be interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish. We did have a fun time chatting and visiting on Saturday, so I'm not surprised I forgot to take any photos. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a great Saturday afternoon with your meet up. I sure wish I could do that with someone. Most of my time is spent running around with Mom. Today was 4 hours at the cardiologist. Tomorrow is taking her to get a holter monitor. They want to check her afib before possibly removing one of her meds. Wednesday is my mammogram. The entire week seems to be one appointment after another.
    I've been trying to do a blog post for several days and can I can't even begin to get it started. Yikes! Life needs to slow down.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tom Lake is in my library queue and on “hold.” I won’t get it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tom Lake from the library is a score. Keep us posted. What fun to meet up with Dee and Bonny. As I've written before, I love to think of you chatting and knitting away.

    ReplyDelete