Monday, August 21, 2023

Weekending 8/21/23

 Heigh-Ho Heigh-Ho,

The weekend zipped by, didn't it?  And mine was not what I had planned.

Saturday started off nicely with a meet up with Dee.  We chatted and sipped and did a little knitting.  I don't think we solved any of the world's problems that morning (but we always try).  We went our separate ways and I headed home to gather up laundry and then head over to C&M's.  Colin had suggested that I run the washer on a cleaning cycle first since it had been sitting for so long.  I put an Affresh tablet in the machine but then I could not get the damn machine to turn on!  I unplugged it and plugged it back in a couple of times and kept hitting the power button, but nothing.  So, the machine is sitting over there with a cleaning tablet in it.  I ended up going to a laundromat nearby.

The laundromat was not bad - very clean and two sizes of machines.  I just did one load, but it was done in under half an hour.  I brought the wet clothes home to dry.  I ended up going back on Sunday and doing two more loads.  While the machines were washing, I walked down the shopping center to the grocery store to pick up a few things and by the time I got back the laundry was finished!!  Again I brought everything home - some dried on the clothes line and some went into the dryer.

Meanwhile, I had heard back from the repair folks and everything had been ordered and they should be back out again on Thursday with a new motor and whatever else had been ordered for my machine.

I did have a very nice surprise when I got home on Saturday.  A number of years ago Fletch built a water feature at the edge of our patio.  We love sitting out there and listening to water flowing - almost like having a little stream.  For a variety of reasons, it was never set up this year and we were talking about missing the sound of water the other day.  When I got home on Saturday from the laundromat, Fletch had set up a new feature as an early birthday gift for me!!


I love it!!

We are scheduled to get flu shots late morning and...supposedly...the new Covid booster.  The CVS we go to scheduled us, but since then we've heard it won't be available till September.  Guess we will find out later.  We wanted to get all this taken care of before we take off for a little bit in October.  I keep hearing that Covid is back on the rise...I'd rather be as protected as I can be.

And that's a wrap for me!  Tell me, how was your weekend?  I hope it was a good one and let's make this next week an easy one if we can.

16 comments:

  1. Oy... I guess I am glad the laundromat was not as horrible as it could have been! But that water fountain... lovely, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, you are having a time of it with the laundry lately, aren't you? I hope everything works out when they come back to fix the machine this time and you don't have to schlep your dirty laundry all over the place anymore.

    My weekend was good but busy -- and as usual, it went by too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your water feature and what a to do with the laundry situation! I am glad you are having it fixed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had to use the laundromat several times and it is nice to be able to use multiple washers and get all your laundry done quickly. Maybe Fletch should do the laundry since you don't seem to be having good luck with home washers! But the water feature he hooked up is just lovely and will make it even more enjoyable to sit outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fountain is beautiful and I hope it brings you lots of peace and contentment. Sorry about the ongoing washing machine issues, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little waterfall! I was just thinking how nice it would be to have something like that. I love sitting and knitting by the one at the koi pond.
    Daughter's rink had a Covid outbreak last week. So many families were out sick with it. The last week of summer camp was a bust there because of it. That and head lice....everyone was itching. Apparently there's an epidemic of it also going around. Back to school should be fun. Poor teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fountain! I love the sound of running water in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just asked my husband to put in a hand pump for us! I got the look and added it to the list.... Your pump area is so sweet-what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Vera you know why I think the washing machine wasn't working at Colin's house. I think you might need an exorcist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope those washing machine issues get taken care of soon! I like the quickness of doing laundry at the laundromat, but not the lugging to-and-fro! Love your little water pump.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What the heck!? The washers have it in for you.

    What a restful little water feature. Will frogs be showing up soon?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about all of the washer issues you're dealing with. I actually don't mind going the the laundromat when we're camping because you can do multiple loads at once and get everything done!
    We have the same exact water feature on our balcony here at the condo. Dennis got it for me for Mother's Day right after we moved in. I love to listen to it in the evenings.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The water feature is lovely. I hope that new Covid booster is available sooner rather than later. You remind me that we should get in for our flu shots. Here we go again - I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  14. playing a bit of catch up today and ... already a bit jealous of you and Dee meeting up on Saturday mornings and now I read that you met BONNY, too?! Good luck with the washing machine repair ... our dishwasher's top rack broke on Saturday and Marc ordered the part and had it fixed before dinner last night. One night of washing dishes wasn't awful, and still it was a pain (also - I hope C&M's machine still works!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh ugh about the laundry. Was it possible that the circuit breaker was tripped/or turned off? Hope it is something easy to get "fixed".

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laundromats . . . are such a pain in most ways. But it is really nice to do ALL your loads at once. I'm glad you were able to "sort" through it all and get your washing done. (See what I did there?) And that is a magical water feature! ENJOY! XO

    ReplyDelete