Friday, March 29, 2024

Heading Toward the Weekend!

 Good Morning Everyone!

How are you? Has the week treated you well?  I hope so.  It is kind of grey and damp here.  I don't think we received the amount of rain that was forecast (thank goodness) - that seemed to be East and North of us.  But the temp has dropped a bit.  As I sit at my desk typing, Mabel is curled up on her shelf by the office window waiting for the birds to arrive at the window feeder for breakfast.  So far there don't seem to be any takers.  Everyone is sleeping in today (and I'm wishing I had).

Yesterday morning I met up with Dee at Manhattan Bagel for a bit of crafty time together.  Since it was Thursday, we did not have to put up with BAD live music!  LOL. It was a pleasant way to spend a morning for sure and I was able to work on my February shortie sock a bit.

Good thing, because just before dinner Fletch went out to get the mail and my April sock yarn arrived (a day early)!


Pretty colors.  The pink yarn is called "Out of the Mouths of Babes" which cracks me up.  And the brown mini skein really compliments the pink I think.  I am not usually one who gravitates to the pink shades, but I really like this yarn.  The pink is a hefty 100 gram skein too - the label says it is  463 yards.  The mini is 20 grams and the label states 92 yards.

Today will be filled with bill paying (I hate that!) and running some errands this morning.  We have decided on home-made pizza for dinner which will be nice.  Easter Sunday we will be heading over to Colin & Mailing's for Easter dinner.

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter to those who celebrate.  

(And now the birds have started coming to the window feeder - Mabel is chatting to some of them - LOL)

14 comments:

  1. With that pink color, it could easily be called Out of the Mouth of Babe (as in the talking pig)!

    I am back home and would love to have the day off to recover from the stress of travel, but alas I'm still working. I'm hoping that with the holiday weekend, we'll get an early dismissal at least. But even if we don't, it's supposed to be a sunny day, so I will enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't all live music bad? (in that it is LOUD). So glad you got together and had some quality time. Lurve the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Still LIfe with Wine and Yarn! Our weather has been pretty dismal all week but we're supposed to have sun for the weekend and I hope they are right about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn is beautiful and I also like how well the brown mini goes with it. I'm glad you could avoid that terrible live music - yet another perk of retirement getting together during the week. I wasn't going to do anything food-wise for Easter but the boys thought I should, so now I need to get going and get to the grocery store. It's rare that we are all together so I need to take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... I really LOVE those yarns, Vera! If there is one color that is lacking in my "sock yarn stash" it is pink! And I can't tell you how many times I wished I had a nice skein of pink yarn! Haha! (It reminds me of the first "real" socks I knit .. you know the ones with actual fingering weight yarn... I knit a beautiful cabled pair of pale pink socks for my Rachel... she loved them so much!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely yarns and they look so pretty together, like ice creams.

    Marlowe, my fluffy grey girl, chatters to the blue jays every morning as they zoom in for their peanuts on the porch. Her brother never says a word.

    Enjoy your weekend. All of us are finally well at the same time, so we are thrilled to be able to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yarns are so pretty. I was thinking that the pink didn't look like anything I've seen come out of a babies mouth! Then I read the comment about Babe, the pig. Maybe that's where the name came from. Ha!
    Enjoy the holiday weekend. may you all be blessed.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that pink (I'm a pink girl) and the brown looks like a nice way to de-Barbie the pink (which isn't very Barbie at all). It must be so funny to hear Miss Mabel chatting with her friends that she would love to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter to you and family. I'm not a pink lover, but some soft blush shades attract my attention. That yarn on my screen is exactly what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the yarns Vera and they truly complement one another. Have a wonderful Easter !

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the look of the salad LOL and the colour of the wool is just gorgeous Robyn Sydney Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is funny that everyone is calling the April yarn pink because it looks very peachy to me. I am trying to finish my second March sock before considering casting on a new sock. I am also trying to figure out if a sock is going to be my traveling project. So many hard decisions in my life right now 😂

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new yarn looks delicious. The two skeins do go together nicely. I wonder what you will knit with them. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete