Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 3/12/24

 Good Morning!

How are you?  Has the time change sunk in?  Or have you adjusted to it?  Usually the Spring Forward time change has a larger impact on me than the Fall Back change.  But this year?  Nothing.  It hasn't really seemed to bother me.  I'm thankful.

I think the wind has finally died down.  Thank God.  It is still on the chilly side though (low 30's this a.m.).  We should gradually warm up this week and by Thursday it should be 72 or thereabouts!  That will be nice as we are going over to Colin's for dinner.  Mailing is in Texas for the week (for work) and Colin has been busy working on garden beds, pulling weeds and trimming shrubs, etc.  He is anxious for us to walk around and see what he has done.  With the new time, it should still be light for walking around his yard at 5 p.m.

We got Fletch's car back from the shop yesterday morning.  Turns out he needed brakes.  Holy Moly that was an expensive job!  But, it's done and now the car is safe which is the important point.

This past week I was able once again to make some steady progress on The Hunt Sampler.  I'm so surprised at how this is holding my attention.  Usually I'm bored with just one color, but I'm loving this one.  Here's an overall shot as of last night:



And here is a close up of the parts added this past week:



Only a few more bits and pieces to be added (and the alphabet needs to be finished).  It is going much faster than I expected.  I'll need to start thinking ahead to my next project.

I'll be back tomorrow for Unraveled Wednesday.  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. I expect the time change is a lot easier to take when you don't have to get up early to go to work! ;-) The sampler is looking good -- I can see why it's so engaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time change is a bit easier for me since I don't have to get up and I can take it easy once I do. It's nice to be retired (until you have to pay for an expensive brake job)! I really like the little motifs inside the octagons and am looking forward to seeing what you stitch in the third row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning I am feeling almost normal! It is sunny and clear skies here today... it was crisp on my morning walk, but no wind! It looks to be a most "spring/early summer" week here! Your stitching in almost all one color is really quite lovely! I, like Bonny, really like those little motifs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems you're a couple of days behind us in weather. It was in the 70's yesterday and will be just a bit cooler today and tomorrow before we drop back to the 50's. The wind has been terrible for weeks now. I feel like I've moved to Chicago instead of Omaha!
    The time change wasn't too bad here. Our times are so messed up anyway for caring for Mom. Wo would have thought that the moved to assisted living would require so much more time with us to stabilize her?
    Love your project. Those littel motifs are so perfect. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing an hour and starting the week with a 24 hour power outage has me a bit off my game but I don’t think it will last too long 🤞🏼

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully, the time change doesn't seem to be bothering me much this year. Incredibly mild temps here. Winter parking & spring weight restrictions on roads have all been lifted. I am not ruling out the possibility (likelihood?) of a big ol' snowstorm yet this year. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are enjoying this sampler! I love the deep indigo color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time change has not affected me this year, but I think that's cause I'm sick and have been sleeping more than normal anyway, lol. The cats don't seemed bothered by it either, and it usually throws them out of whack a bit too.

    The sampler is just beautiful - each new block makes it better and better

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hunt sampler continues to impress. It's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty sampler in blue! Ugh, I always struggle with the Spring time change - usually one to two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are flying along with this one! It just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have adjusted to the time change mostly. I was getting up at 4:30 before it so that helped??!! ugh. Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad the wind died down. Your stitching is very pretty. You can't go wrong with blues.

    ReplyDelete