Monday, March 18, 2024

Weekending 3/18/24

 

Hello and Good Morning,

Happy Monday!  How was your weekend?  Mine was lovely.  Nothing really out of the ordinary, just a bunch of little things that pleased me.  I met up with Dee Saturday morning - always a nice time.  I cut more daffodils to bring inside.  The white petaled ones with the orange centers are a favorite of mine and that bunch is now blooming under our apple tree.



I can't leave the daffodils where they are in the picture above..  That is the top of a dresser in the office room and Mabel has been known to jump up there - even though she shouldn't.  The little nine-drawer black & white chest holds *special* buttons - some found on vacations (knit ones in Colorado) (cat ones that Fletch bought for me as a surprise) (others found at a lovely store in Vermont that no longer exists).   I should USE them rather than just save them away in drawers.

Likewise, Juliann's Post about the quilt show she visited reminded me of ALL the fabric I have.  As I mentioned to Juliann, I used to collect fabric like others collect shells or pinecones or anything.  I have a lot of it.  Now that I am retired and have the TIME, I intend to go through it and do something with it!  I have a bunch for making more tablecloths; some for making pillow covers; and a lot that could be sewn into interesting/unusual tops.  No guarantee that anything will happen soon, but at least I am thinking about it!

I did manage to scrub the bathrooms this weekend, wash the towels and the bath rugs.  Nice to have that done.  I did not get to the kitchen floor (filthy) or the bedroom (equally dirty).  BUT, I did relax and enjoy life.  Fletch and I sat out once or twice (not for too long as it was kind of chilly).  Fletch did some pruning on the apple tree.  Mabel joins us on the patio when we sit out in the late afternoon.

Today at the recommendation of our doctor, we are going to CVS for another booster shot.  We had our last one in October, but our doctor recommends another one since we are over 65.  Plus, we are going away in early April and I will be flying to NC in mid-April.  I'm happy to get more protection!  We've never had any reaction to the booster shots and I don't expect one today...but I will plan to take it easy - knitting and stitching and reading.

Wishing you all a great start to a new week!

15 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! Agreed--go get the booster. Rick is currently isolating with covid. It's definitely still with us.

    My daffs are up and budded, but now dodging snowflakes. UGH.

    More projects for you in retirement--fabric and buttons! Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart of you both to get another booster... wise doctor! It was such a lovely weekend... there was some rain to get everything nice a green for St. Paddy's Day! And an abundance of sunshine! But I think I need to find a nearby buddy to go sip and knit with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get to my bedroom floor, so someone's bedroom floor is clean, lol. good luck with the boosters, I'm all for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daffodils are lovely, as are the drawers full of buttons, and those wonderful keys! I've been undecided about a booster and my dr. was no help. She thought that I should get one next fall but I've got spring and summer to get through while hopefully staying healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The daffs sure are pretty. I'm leaving mine mostly outside. I did bring in a few because Steve stepped on the plant when he was spreading driveway stone. I didn't know whether they would pop back up. The plan did, but I'm enjoying the daffodils that I cut inside. So it was a win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're getting those boosters, because I know a good number of people who've gotten COVID after trips recently.
    Tablecoths! Tablecoths and napkins are one of my favorite ways to use fabric. First, because it's low-stress sewing for me. (Garments get me hot and bothered.) And because it's a fun way to enjoy favorite fabrics on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this new lifestyle of yours, Vera! Hope all goes well with your boosters today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the weekend was enjoyed-pretty soon you will get in the routine and almost every day will be a weekend! The idea of new tablecloths sounds lovely!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely weekend Vera. Making tablecloths and pillowcases sounds like fun. The daffodils are beautiful… I really miss springtime bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got some white daffodils blooming in the front bed and I don't ever remember planting any. Bulbs do the craziest things around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We can share notes about purging fabrics. I should schedule another booster too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a great weekend with blooming daffy's and crafty time too. You'll soon find each day runs into another without knowing exactly what day it is!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to play with fabric? I should probably get the booster (got mine in November, I think) but waiting a bit to push that button.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can tell just from the tone of your post that you are feeling more relaxed -- and that is a good thing! The household chores don't care if you're retired, but there is freedom in knowing that you can get to them whenever. Thanks for sharing your beautiful daffodils again, and good luck with your booster!

    ReplyDelete
  15. IMO, one of the best things about being retired is, "if I don't get it done today, I can do it tomorrow." Your weekend sounds very relaxing. Thanks for the reminder about the Covid booster. I haven't had much of a reaction to the last two either. Pretty daffodils.

    ReplyDelete