Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 3/19/24

 Hello, Hello!

Finally, Spring is here...or at least the beginning.  I believe today is the Vernal Equinox.  I always consider 3/20 the first day of Spring because it's my Mom's birthday.  But from what I hear, today is the Equinox.  And, naturally, it feels like we are back in winter.  After some lovely warm days last week and into the weekend, I am now back to having fleece leggings on and a wool cardigan.  Geeze!  An extra blanket on the bed last night and socks on my feet kept me warm during the night (and Mabel curled up tightly against me also!).

We survived our booster shots with no issues or reactions.  Fletch said he didn't even feel his shot.  I felt mine (for sure) and my arm was a little tender or sore when I rolled over onto that side in the night, but no other issues.  Next up I've got to schedule my mammogram.  There is always something....

Here we are at Tuesday - another week flown by - and it's time for a TNT update.  My tiny needle did get a bit of a workout this past week.  I am closing in on the end of the Hunt Sampler!


The alphabet is compete - I love the slant of the letter A.  I also love my initials (VEL) in a lighter shade of blue.  Mr. Squirrel in the lower right octagon was added along with the motifs in the two lower hexagons.  There is one more octagon to be filled as well as some stuff in the lower left.  This should be finished up pretty promptly which means I'd best go stash diving to find something new to start!

Yesterday afternoon I loaded up the back of my car with stuff to donate and drove to a lovely thrift store in the next town.  It felt good to (finally) unload some stuff.  There will be more, of that I'm sure.  But I feel as though a little progress has been made.  I also got rid of some old sheets and pillowcases from the linen closet (why had I held onto them??).  (They went into the trash...not donated).  I may (or may not) tackle the towels today.  Slow and steady - I'm not racing against anyone, just wanting to get things done (in my own time).

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you tonight on our Zoom discussion of "The Poisonwood Bible."  I'm betting it will be a very lively discussion!!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely stitching Vera! I have some boxes and bags started here for donation as well. I keep putting things in... it is such a good feeling to move things on!

    Steve and I talked about spring last night at dinner... we had an extra day in February, I think that is what brought the arrival one day forward! (at least those were my thoughts as we discussed it! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sampler is going to be so amazing when it's complete -- and I can't believe how quickly you've stitched it! I think my favorite so far is the peacock.

    Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think of the vernal equinox as 3/20 also so I'm glad to read Kat's explanation! And I'm also glad to see your beautiful stitching! I think this piece may be one of my favorites. There is just something about the monochrome floss but I love your initials in a lighter color, the slant of the A, and the intriguing motifs. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr....it is cold this morning. Pup got me up at 5 to go outside and it was 34 degrees. After all this warm weather it was a shock.
    The sampler is looking great. I can't believe you are almost finished. You must stitch like the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sampler is coming along beautifully. I love the colors you chose, especially the one for your initials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're just flying through that sampler!
    It's cold here too - we had snow on Sunday and Monday - not enough to really stick, but it was blowing pretty good for a whole. The whole week is supposed to be cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an original thought, making your initials a paler shade of blue. It looks beautiful.

    I did the same thing when I retired, tackling the linen closets and donating or eliminating extras and ones that I held onto. Some were just pushed back by newer ones and never weeded out. After that, it was on to the basement.

    We are covered in snow here and the winds are strong and cold. I'm not moving out of this house today. So much for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are definitely a few days behind us in the weather department. We're taking Piper to the zoo today. Then tomorrow the cold and snow will return for the next week.So much for spring!
    I've weeded through towels, etc. everytime we've moved the past few years. We're down to the "good" things now and it's kind of nice to actually use them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't time a luxury! Knowing you don't have to finish a task on a weekend is so sweet! I love the stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Downsizing is difficult, but as you stated it feels great. I’m partial to blue so I adore your sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice progress on the stitching. I tear my sheets and cover lawn equipment in the shed with them and furniture when painting. My local animal groups take the old towels. But no takers on my china and crystal yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so glad there were not shot issues!! lovely stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stitching is gorgeous and the letters of your initials is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stitching. It does feel good to clean out a few closets - but only now and then. LOL

    ReplyDelete