Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 3/5/24

 Good Morning!

It's a rainy one here.  Just (so far) a soft, gentle rain that sounded so pleasant as I was waking up this morning.  Yesterday was kind of a gloomy day in the morning and it was easy to remain uninspired about getting out for a walk.  But, the sun came out after lunch and I was able to squeeze in a 40 minute/2 mile walk along the Perkiomen Creek.  There were a number of folks out on the trail.  Some with dogs, some with strollers and babies, some on bikes, some just ambling along.  I kept my eyes on the stone wall hoping that I would NOT spot any snakes.  Fortunately it was not that warm.  Anyway, it felt good to move a bit and it was still nice enough later in the afternoon that Fletch and I were able to sit on the patio for a short while, but then the breeze picked up and it got a bit chilly for sitting.

Now it's Tuesday morning and time for a Tiny Needle update.  The Hunt Sampler continues to be a joy to stitch.  The additional silk thread I ordered last week arrived on Saturday and it looks to be a perfect match.  I'm still not sure I will need it, but better safe than sorry.  Here is where things stand as of this morning:



Sorry for the wrinkles and the darkness of it - lack of good light this rainy morning.  Still a bit more to stitch on this, but it is coming along nicely.

No plans for today other than doing a bit of grocery shopping this morning.  Hopefully the afternoon will find me with some kind of needle or needles in my hands!  Have a great day!


15 comments:

  1. I really like that sampler, Vera! It's so crisp and "clean" looking (design-wise). I think you need to find a nice patio heater . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just moving right along, Vera! I love the color (and your initials in a slightly brighter blue is just so smart!) Very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really lovely sampler and I like your idea of doing your initials in a slightly different color. We get our taxes done today so I'm busy keeping my fingers crossed that we don't owe too much. Then I hope to sit and knit on this rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really making good progress on your sampler. Very pretty. I love that blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've gotten a lot done on this one--I was trying to decide if the top middle creature is a goose or a griffin! lol griffin is more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The angry goose caught my eye immediately. I've seen plenty of those, and they look exactly like that. The sampler looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stark colors on your sampler are perfect for it and so is the blue for your name. Brilliant.
    We have bright blue skies again today. So far March has been wonderful weather-wise if you don't factor in the strong winds that have been around. I made appointments for Mom and Dennis to see the Dr. this morning. I'm not liking the sound of their coughs at all. I'm still coughing, but not like they are.
    Enjoy your Tuesday Vera. Get those needles at the ready!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is coming along nicely! I've never used silk thread before. My tea sampler thread from the kit is so much thinner than DMC. I wish I had just changed out the thread from the beginning. Too late now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That project is already stunning. The single colour makes it so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is gorgeous. I love the things in the big Octogons but I really love the different little designs in the small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the stitching - having a single color is so striking! (and I blew right through the words because my eyes hit upon "snake" and !!!! nope!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah, snakes! Glad you didn't see any! I did spot an ant on the sidewalk yesterday, and it occurred to me that I don't really see them during the colder months.

    Love how the sampler is working up! I think you'll have that done in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful sampler! I also have trouble photoing when the days are cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have another beautiful sampler going. The blue color is so pretty, very rich. I'm glad you didn't see any snakes. I know they are part of the ecosystem but I would just as soon avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This stitch is so striking. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete