Monday, July 10, 2023

Weekending 7/10/23

 Hello and Good Morning!

This morning I am so grateful for a break in our weather.  The air is so much fresher and at 6:50 a.m. it is still in the 60's instead of being close to 90.  We had storms roll through the past few days and it has been wonderful to open windows and doors again.  We ended up with about 1.5" of rain which was very much needed.

This morning when looking out my kitchen window I noticed a gift of one lone day lily.


The deer have consumed most of them when they were just buds, so this was a delight to see.

Yesterday morning I sipped my coffee on the patio and turned on the Merlin app.  In the space of just 7 minutes, it picked up the songs of 15 different birds!  Thank you to all who recommended the app - I'm having so much fun with it!

Fletch got the garlic hanging from the patio ceiling over the weekend.


Yellow kayak and wooden guideboat hanging from the ceiling as well.  We ended up with 50 bulbs - so 100% success!!  We are now perusing catalogues for new and different varieties.

As usual, I met up with Dee Saturday morning for our girl time together.  Always many laughts, some good coffee and a little bit of knitting.  And Sunday I spent the morning really cleaning the kitchen - dusting, using orange oil on the cabinet fronts and scrubbing (really scrubbing!!) the floor.  It felt great to get that done (finally) and to not have the floor work bother my back!  Today, if work stays calm, I plan to tackle the bedrooms which need desperately to be vacuumed and dusted.  It is so easy to get distracted by knitting or stitching though....

So, how was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I need to give my kitchen floor a good scrubbing... sigh. We got a good bit of rain over the weekend as well (but not as much as NY got... gosh, what a disaster!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a humid weekend here with some rain yesterday, and supposedly the dew point is going to go down later today -- can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is slightly better here, but still humid after 2.5" of rain. I'll use any excuse to keep from cleaning, but bravo to you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was rainy and hot here all weekend so I let the cleaning slide. I need to give this place a good scrubbing too but it's rainy again this morning. Ugh. It feels like we're going to float away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were awfully productive and busy. If I get the vacuuming done, I feel proud. LOL

    We had the windows open last night--a bit humid, but down to 58! I was craving fresh air, and I finally got some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I “think” the daily afternoon thunderstorms have run out of water as today promises to be warm and dry. My flowers have enjoyed their daily soaks though. My niece and her two children from Minnesota were here over the weekend, so nice to see them even though it was a short visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's Oregon levels of rain right there! I'm glad it cleaned everything out. Tell me, do you know if you *have* to do the hanging in a dark place thing for garlic? Right now my two (2!) garlics are lying in our dark and cool pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a wonderful weekend!! We have such nice weather today - sunny, low humidity and under 80 degrees but not for long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you enjoyed the nice weekend and were able to do deep cleaning without paying the 'back pain' price afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Housework... oh, how I dislike doing it but it's so great when it's done!

    ReplyDelete