Thursday, July 13, 2023

Busy Thursday! 7/13/23

 Hello there,

Whew!  Already it has been a busy morning.  This will be a quick drive-by post as I've got to leave shortly for a doctor's appointment.  My semi-annual check up/in with our dermatologist.  After losing half my nose a few years ago to skin cancer, I am serious about having my dermatologist check me out twice a year.  It's been good since that last awful episode, but I'm taking no chances!

Anyway, life...I did go to the office yesterday and (of course) Bruce did not show up.  He claimed to be in heavy traffic and I claimed to need to leave for an appointment.  LOL  I did have an appointmenet - I needed to get to Trader Joe's and the liquor store before it was crazy busy.  TJ's was a good visit.  I went in for flowers and smoked trout.  $86 later I walked out.  BUT...I got some fun things for the weekend when Leslie and the girls arrive and stocked up on some things that Fletch and I use.  All good.  And the liquor store was a successful run as well.

The rest of the day was busy - work-wise and life-wise.  I managed to get more cleaning done...just need to vacuum downstairs now.  I might get to that this afternoon...we'll see.

I'll leave you with two pics from our back yard.  The first was a morning visitor - so sweet and then our snap dragons at the base of the apple tree.  The deer ignore them!

Have a great Thursday!!





14 comments:

  1. I love how you countered Bruce's excuse/reason with one of your own! I'm sort of glad I don't have a TJs near me, but spending $86 at Stop & Shop isn't nearly as much fun. We have a doe and two fawns that bed down at the bottom of our lawn in the shade and I always want to take them some ice water or something cool. I guess the shade and cooler grass will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that it was a successful check! Love the fawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, deer don't like snapdragons. I wonder if bunnies do? I'm having a heck of a time with the bunnies who keep eating all my flowers and my hostas.

    I know exactly what it's like to walk into Trader Joe's for two things and walk out with a much lighter wallet! If only we could buy wine there, too (our state is so stupid with its state stores!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby deer! I've only seen big scary guys with antlers outback lately. They are enjoying the heck out of my hostas at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby!!! Glad the check up went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw the twins for the first time yesterday. And then almost hit two tiny fawns with mom running across the highway at 2 in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the little fawn. I spied a Mama and her baby when Dave and I headed into town the other evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... that little deer! Too cute! Have a great weekend with your friends! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fawn . . . and the snapdragons! (I have a real soft spot for snapdragons as they were one of my mom's favorite flowers.) XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet sweet deer!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful fawn. I hope your weekend with the girls is a wonderful one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fawns are always such a treat to spot! Hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're having fun with your friends ... and finding time to work on the 2nd sock (that yarn is amazing - those stripes!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you are having a good visit with your friends. The socks and your stitching look great. Hooray for such a successful garlic harvest. One can never have too much garlic - right? You make such good progress on your projects. We saw several fawns and does in our Minnesota travels. They are beautiful animals and it is fun to see them in the woods.

    ReplyDelete