Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 7/25/23

 Good Morning All,

It is a sunny morning here in Eastern PA and the temp currently is just 69.  Lovely.  Doors are open, the deer have been browsing and finding fallen apples under our tree.  I'm just taking my first sip of morning coffee.  Hard to believe we are at the last week of July.  Time is flying by!

It is the last Tuesday of July and time for a Tiny Needle update.  There is a finish!!  My friends, Autumn Posy is finished.


I love it!  This was stitched on 40 count linen using one strand of Weeks Dye Works floss over 2 linen threads. The finished size is roughly 5" by 5" - really too large to turn into a pin cushion, so I'm not sure what I will do with it.  Maybe frame it?  (But where to hang it?)  Maybe make a bag and add this to it somehow.  I don't know...undecided at the moment.  Is anyone interested in the chart for this?  If so, let me know.  If more than one person, random munumber generator will make the choice.  I'm happy to ship this out.

There was also a bit of progress on Sampler Aux Bouquets.


I thought I might finish the flowers inside the heart, but that didn't happen.  Perhaps today or sometime this week.  Honestly there are not enough hours in the day!

I stayed home yesterday and rested my leg/hip.  Today it is a bit better.  I did manage to make some sweet refrigerator pickles.


Will try these at lunch today.  Good thing grocery shopping is on the agenda as I used the last of my apple cider vinegar to make these.  Time to re-stock.  

Also on the agenda is to make some roasted nuts and eggplant caponata since I have 6 or 7 eggplants on the counter (the small, slender Asian variety is what we are growing this year and the plants [2] are super productive).

Finally I plan to rearrange some of the things in my office room.  Currently my sewing machine cabinet is at a window and I find that it is difficult to sew there (always seems to be a glare).  So, I will move a bookcase under the window and move the sewing machine to a wall near, but not under, a window.  I probably won't get to that today...but I'm thinking about it!  Again, not enough hours in one day!

Hoping your week is going well and that you are enjoying the fading days of July.  Take care!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on a beautiful finish! And you're getting close on the other piece, too, from the looks of it. I hope the weather continues to be pleasant. We had some rain move through overnight and I think the humidity might be a little more tolerable today as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That finish is spectacular, Vera! I love the idea of that incorporated into a bag! So smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely finish! I can imagine that piece framed with a fall-like color and used as the front of a bag. You could carry another stitching piece in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That finished piece is even more beautiful in person. You could have it frames with a stand on the back so you could put it on the buffet or a bookshelf. I would be afraid it would get damaged if it was put on a tote bag. On the other hand ..........we make them so we can use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching even if you didn't get to it as often as desired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a pretty finish Vera.I think it would look great on a bag, or as Dee suggested, a stand up frame. Your next project is coming right along too. I don't know how you get so much done.
    I had my sewing machine under the window in Spokane and liked it there. Here it is on a wall next to the window and I never feel as if I have enough light. Oh well.
    Take care and keep babying that hip for a few more days.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching, as usual. I can't believe we're staring down AUGUST!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to suggest a tabletop frame as well. That piece is just lovely, and the colours are wonderful.

    I'm making a ton of pesto today. My basil went crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the finish! That is such a pretty piece.
    I am kicking myself for not using that big bunch of cucumbers I was gifted last week to make some pickles. I made a salad, and a few sandwiches with them but the rest of them went to waste. Cukes from the garden don't last long. I'd forgotten about that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching! I think the floss you use really add that extra pop!

    I just picked the first cucumber from the garden! They are growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a sweet piece, Vera! I love the colors -- and the "modern" take on a traditional design. I think it would be wonderful in a frame -- but only if you have a place to show it off! A bag would be great, too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the finished piece - nice job. My sewing machine is under a window. I like watching the world go by as I sew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finish. I've made small pillows that size and even 7x7. Add a hanger and they are sweet on door knobs, headboards, hanging off a sconce, pegboard, and so easily moved at every whim!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so right. There just aren't enough hours in a day. I have an eggplant from the Farmer's Market on my counter. Now I have to look for the dish you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete