Friday, July 28, 2023

Finally Friday! 7/28/23

 Hello All,

Whew!  I am glad that Friday is here.  It has been a busy week for me (and it's not over yet...work beckons).

After stating in numerous places that I am better at monogamous knitting...or at least really not too many projects on the go at once...I am now contemplating casting on so many things!  Oh well, variety is the spice of life.

I'm stilll working on the Shakerag Skirt and I rediscovered the purple (non-wool) cowl I started for Leslie.  They both need attention.

But I spent some delightful time yesterday stash diving!  I needed (ha!) to cast on a pair of socks to have something easy to work on when I meet up with Dee on Saturday.  The yarn has been chosen and caked up, but I haven't had a chance to cast on yet.  


KnitPicks Static in the colorway Allsorts

I went ahead and bought the Hitch on the Move pattern and have my yarn picked out for that...not caked up yet, but hopefully today.


Emma's Yarn.  On the left "Wish You Were Beer" and on the right "Weathervane"

Can you see why I want to cast on EVERYTHING???

Kym also convinced me to go ahead and get the Sinkmates pattern for dishcloths.  I love the little I-cord loop.  I will probably look at my cotton yarn today and pick something out.

Meanwhile it is hot as blazes here.  And HUMID to the Nth degree.  This morning I need to run to CVS to pick up a prescription and some other stuff.  Then I have a conference call at 11.  This afternoon I'll run to the grocery store to pick up some good French or Italian bread to brush with EVOO and toast under the broiler.  We will sample the caponata for dinner tonight!

I'm still so sad that Mabel hasn't shown up.  But due to her absence, the other critters are out and about more often.  We've been seeing Steve the Beav (our resident groundhog) just about daily.  And this guy (and his family members) are also seen daily.


They munch away on all the clover in our yard, hopefuly ignoring and missing all the deer poop!

Cheers to the weekend ahead - Enjoy!!

15 comments:

  1. By casting on all the things you'll always have a project to work on that matches your mood! I love your sock and Hitch on the Move yarns and will be anxious to see them in future photos. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner menu--bread and caponata--sounds perfect. Especially if it's accompanied by a nice wine.

    Love the new yarn and all your knitting mojo. I am a monogamous knitter, so I am still working away at the baby blanket. Between arthritis and weather-induced migraines, it is slowly progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bonny -- it can be good to have a choice of projects! I hope you find time today to at least cast on the socks so you'll have something to work on while you're with Dee tomorrow.

    I have to tell you that every time I open one of your posts, I hope it'll contain the news that Mabel has found her way home. I really hope that she's found someone to take care of her temporarily before she makes her way home to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Options . . . are always good, I say! You'll be able to match your project to whatever mood you're in, Vera! And bunnies. Oh, do I have bunnies this year. And JoJo (who never catches them, but does keep them on their toes) is getting old and tired and, well. The bunnies know it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish You Were Beer and Weathervane will look great together.

    See you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay cool! Or try to. I wish for Mabel's return every day. Hopefully some nice family has taken her in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry about Mabel and the horrible heat. That Emma’s yarn is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed at the "wish you were a beer" name. Where do people get the names for some of the yarns anyway? They're great! I'm being very monogamous with the sweaters for the wedding. I have the right front and button-band to do and then sew all the parts together on the second small sweater. Then I have Piper's. She's getting so big that hers will take much longer.
    I hold my breath everytime I open my laptop in the morning. I hope to see a title on your blog about Mabel's return. I pray that she is safe somewhere and just can't get home yet. Sweet girl.
    It's supposed to be "feel like" temperature of over 120F here today. I'm staying in the AC.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun yarn! I’m partial to All Sorts: I wonder if they still make that candy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you, busy little bee, casting on all these things! I love it! I'm still sad about Mabel, too, and I didn't even know her. Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got a bad case of startitis too. It must be the weather and being stuck inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry that Mabel hasn't come back to you. Maybe it's the weather because I have an extra project or two on the needles. Your projects look fabulous. I love the color combination for "Hitch on the Move." Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good stash dive does inspire startitus! lol We are all sad with you over the loss of Mabel....

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have had one really warm day, and then it was back to normal. I'm monogamous, mainly because I won't return once left. Amazing to see all the WIPs on flosstube. Wow!
    I'm sure you miss Mabel, I was hoping she would return and be unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that cast on everything feeling is the best feeling anyone could possibly have :)

    ReplyDelete