Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 7/11/23

 Hey Hey and Good Morning!

Another comfortable morning here in Eastern PA.  It's 63 degrees according to my computer.  But, if I remember correctly, the heat will be on the rise.  Two nights in a row of sleeping with windows open and no AC - it has been wonderful.  The AC may need to come back on later today.

Meanwhile I got more cleaning done - the bedrooms upstairs have been swiffered (thank you Fletch), vacuumed and dusted.  There will be more today.  There is a reason for my madness.  My friend Leslie, her daughter Jaimie and her granddaughter Emory arrive on Sunday and will spend the night.  This is their annual girls trip from NC to RI.  It's going to be SO GOOD to see Leslie again.  Her cancer treatments are finished and she sounds great.

Today it's all about TNT though.  My two pieces have both seen some stitches added in the past week. First up we have Autumn Posy by Plum Street Samplers:


The upper left white flower is complete now and another flower on the left added.  Also a bird!  Underneath the bird's tail is the beginning outlining of another berry.  Closing in on the end of this one, but still a little way to go.

The next piece is Sampler Aux Bouquets by Jardin Prive:


Both a heart and a bird have been added to the right of the house.  And underneath is the flowers in a pot or basket.  The leaves are still needed here but it will not take long to add them.  Slowly but surely this one is growing.  There is still a lot left to be added to this.  Luckily I am still finding this one a pleasure to stitch.

More garden produce was brought in yesterday.  Our first cucumber and our first eggplant!


Finally, someone commented on a post last week asking what ice cream maker I have.  Unfortunately that person is a "no reply" commentor, so I was unable to reply to them.  So, for anyone interested, my ice cream maker is THIS ONE.  The bowl does need to be in the freezer for a good 12-24 hours before using...I just keep mine in the freezer all the time so it is always ready to use!

Now it's time to pour a second cup of coffee.  Have a good Tuesday!

15 comments:

  1. Your samplers are gorgeous, and I'm so impressed that you got cleaning done yesterday. I guess it pays to have some incentive; mine certainly doesn't happen otherwise. I hope you have a delightful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you shown that second piece, I like it more! It might be my favorite of all the things I've seen you stitch.

    I really wanted to have some eggplant in my garden but wasn't able to find any plants here. Next year, maybe! In the meantime, we have some mystery plants (could be melons, could be cucumber) growing. I thought the seeds were duds because they didn't sprout in my starting trays, so I dumped them in a pot outside, and suddenly I have a bunch of plants growing. Here's hoping they stay alive long enough to show us what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really flying through those projects! Cucumber and eggplant? So soon? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see your fresh garden produce! You're in for a tasty summer. And I just love both of your current samplers -- but that first one (the autumn posy) has me absolutely charmed. I love watching your samplers come to life. (And . . . it seems my "deeper" cleaning NEVER happens unless I have a guest on the way . . . ) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cucumber reminds me that my dill is nonexistent this summer. I sowed the seeds and was encouraged, but it came up and burned off immediately. First time ever! I have more seed, but I'm hesitant to try again.

    That strawberry in your autumnal sampler is so perfect. I can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m not usually an eggplant person but I can imagine adding that small one to a recipe. And fresh from the garden would be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching, Vera. You are really making good progress on that second sampler! It is so beautiful! (as are you freshly harvested veggies!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the motifs on Autumn Posy are outlined. It really makes them pop.

    Safe travels to Leslie, Jaime, and Emory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, pretty stitching! Happy to hear Leslie is doing well and that you’ll see her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very envious of your cuke and your eggplant. Apparently it is never warm enough to grow eggplants here and it is also not warm enough for cukes this season either. I do have one flower on one cuke, so we'll see. In other news, I have two peppers emerging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing the garlic hanging in the patio - looks like an abundant harvest! and your stitching is really coming along. I'm so impressed with all you accomplish in addition to your day job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see great progress on the samplers! Beautiful. Exciting to have company soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely progress. I have stopped working daily on the cross stitch to every other day. I'm still on track to finishing by the end of August.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My cucumbers are just getting flowers - but I brought in a dish of snap peas the other day for Dave to munch on. And by the looks of it, I need to go out there and pick him another.
    I really love your first stitching project - I think it might be that pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete