Monday, May 8, 2023

Weekending 5/8/23

Good Morning!

How are you?  And, how was your weekend?  Our weekend was nice - a good mix of doing some things that needed to be done and relaxing and enjoying things that you just want to do!


The rain gauge is empty which is a lovely sight!

Our weather this past weekend was just delightful.  Temps in the lower 70's and blue, blue skies.  Late yesterday afternoon it got a bit hazy and we had a few drops of rain, but nothing much.

Saturday morning (as is my custom), I met up with Dee for our knit group time (all two of us!).  As always, it was a great time.  So nice to meet up with a kindred spirit (and knitting was actually accomplished!).

Sunday found me doing some chores.  The day was so nice that I actually hung wash on the line to dry.  I did one or two inside chores (more needs to be done) and a little cooking.  I found pockets of time in which to knit and stitch.  So, a perfect mix of things.


My sewing machine cabinet in the office room - covered with plants which is why I don't do all that much sewing these days....

Fletch and I are heading over the Colin & Mailing's house this morning to water plants and do a few things.  I had not been planning to go into the office, but an email just came through that means I am going to need to run to the office this afternoon.  Ugh!  In fact, I might have Fletch go over to C&M's alone and I'll run to the office this a.m.  Still time to figure that out.  First I need another cup of coffee!

Welcome to another week - hope it's a good one for all of us!!



 

12 comments:

  1. I am working on a smooth re-entry here, but I hope your trip to the office is quick and without hiccups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lovely weekend - part productive, part fun, and part relaxing. Happy Monday and I hope you enjoy a wonderful week ahead, Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got gloomy skies here after some very early rain. I hope the weather sorts itself soon. I've got a bit of yardwork to do now that all the daffodils are done. I hope your Monday is easy and that it sets a good tone for your work week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the busy day yesterday, I am a bum this morning! The plants look so pretty inside and out--hope the day works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a beautiful weekend. Perfect for the MDSW which made it so hard to bear that I wasn't there this year again. I had to stay off social media so I didn't see all the posts about it. The Mister and I watched The Wizard of Oz and several Star Wars movies so it wasn't a terrible weekend. We rarely spend this kind of time together when he's healthy so no complaints there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice you take care of the plants while they are away!! My weekend was sunny one day then wet the next. We are back to clouds once more it seems to be that way here most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the necessary trip into the office--sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had some beautiful blue skies here this weekend as well, though yesterday was pretty overcast. Sounds like you had the better weather pattern! I hope by now you've dealt with the work issue and have an easy rest of your Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a really nice - and productive! - weekend, too, Vera. There is so much to do in the garden right now, I can use lovely weekends to get things in good shape. I hope your week goes smoothly, and you get plenty of time for doing what you enjoy best. (Which is not running reports or last-minute calls to the office!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lazy and relaxing weekend for me. I did a bit of knitting and watched some episodes of a good show on my iPad. It’s dreary and threatening rain this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. coffee, coffee, coffee! the highlight of our weekend was watching both boys win their baseball games (which means their teams both placed 3rd) ... and fun discussion with friends about Demon Copperhead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coffee on a Monday morning is just the best. Well, I like coffee most any morning. I'm glad you had a relatively dry weekend. I think your area of the country could use a little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete