Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 Good Morning All!

Oh my!  Yesterday was such a gorgeous day and I am happy to let you know that I was successful in procrastinating and I did NOT go to the office!  LOL  Of course, that means I need to do so today.  I think Fletch and I will grocery shop this morning and I will plan to venture to the office after lunch.  It will be a quick visit (fingers crossed).  Kevin is up from Atlanta and needs/wants some labels printed (guessing he is not capable of doing so himself...).

Today is more on the grey side and we may even had a bit of rain here or there.  Nothing major though and all the recent plants that Fletch has put in the garden will be thankful for a fresh drink.

When Fletch and I went over to Colin & Mailing's yesterday we found that the front yard had been mowed, but not the back.  Fletch connected with the owner of the lawn service who had been out of town, but he said he would check with his crew and find out why the back wasn't done.  At least the front looks so much better now (and as though someone lives there!  LOL).

Here we are at Tuesday and it's time for a Tiny Needle update.  Folks, we have a finish!!  Indeed, Ellen Harrison was wrapped up on Sunday, May 7th.  Woo-Hoo!


It is difficult to see some of the motifs that were stitched in white, but trust me, they are all complete.  I've enjoyed stitching this reproduction, but I am very happy to have it finished.

Yesterday afternoon I spent quite a bit of time going through my stash of cross stitch patterns and I believe I have picked out my next piece.  I was all ready to start it when I realized the piece of linen I had chosen was not wide enough.  Hopefully I can find a good piece of linen in my stash that will work.  There are also a cople of "smalls" I'd like to stitch, so I may pull those out as well.  There is certainly no lack of things to stitch!

Time to pour another cup of coffee and then do something!  I may scrub the kitchen floor.  It is early and Fletch is still in bed, but if I do the floor now, it should be dry by the time he comes down for breakfast.  I'd best get to it!

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

14 comments:

  1. The best thing about finishing a project . . . is thinking about (and beginning) the NEXT project! Well done on a lovely finish, Vera. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a beautiful finish! I can see all the white if I enlarge the photo, and I'm even more impressed when I do.

    What is it with people at work who need you to do the simplest of tasks? It's a good thing Kevin has you around to print his labels for him. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Ellen Harrison sampler finish is quite amazing! Congratulations on all the lovely stitching and I hope you line up your next piece (and have a very quick visit to the office).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo, Vera! It looks amazing! I love the details of it... so delightful. It makes one wonder if perhaps these things were all important to Ellen! Maybe from stories, or things she saw outside! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo for the big finish! It's a lovely piece. I can't wait to see what you have picked out for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your finish. So many varied items on that sampler.

    I wish you hadn't mentioned scrubbing the floor. I just looked at my kitchen floor with the sun on it, and now I have a job to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is really lovely. I need to find a new stitching project now that my 100 day book is finished. And my floors need to be washed too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish! I continue to love the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the finish. It is beautiful.

    Can't wait to see what you pick next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Vera - your finished piece looks fabulous! how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent! Congratulations on a not-so-simple sampler finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your office time went smoothly...the stitching is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful piece of stitching. I continue to be amazed by your stitching on linen. Now why would a lawn service mow the front yard but not the back? Maybe they ran out of time or gas.

    ReplyDelete