Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Unraveled Wednesday 5/10/23

 Good Morning!

There is a bit of a nip in the air this morning, but the sun is shining brightly and I see blue sky through the tree branches outside my office window.  My venture to the office went well yesterday.  Honestly I could have left after 10 minutes but did not think that looked very good, so I stuck around a bit.  I printed some things in color for moi, responded to blog comments and the like.  I was home shortly after 2 p.m.

I did manage to find linen for the two (!!) pieces that are next up for my cross stitching and I managed to get them hemmed yesterday afternoon.  Linen frays so easily and it's a PITA when working on something to have all those little threads hanging around.

Today I am looking forward to my friend Carol visiting from Maryland.  We have not seen each other in over a year!  We will be celebrating birthdays and Christmas all at once.  And, we will have tasty bites to eat.

However, first it is Unraveled Wednesday and time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  Of course I had planned to have the Crazy Zauerball Sock #2 finished, but that is not the case.  Close...so close...but not finished yet.


Pretty, isn't it?  I believe I have 10 more rows and then will be at the heel flap.  It's possible it could get finished this week, but I make no promises.

New yarn is supposedly arriving in my mailbox today!!  Yarn for my Shakerag Skirt should arrive.  Most likely I will wait to cast on for that.  The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy at work and I won't have all that much free time.  Better to wait until I will have the time to concentrate/devote to the skirt.

Reading has been good!  Fletch and I finished listsening to "Words of Mercury: Tales From a Lifetime of Travel" by Patrick Leigh Fermor.  It was good...but I liked his two books that we read aloud several years ago more.  We are now listening to The Road to San Donato which a friend had recommended.  It is ok...we are only a couple of chapters in, and so far we are under-whelmed by the narrator.  Hopefully it will get better.

I'm less than 100 pages to the finish of The Shrines of Gaiety so should finish soon.  This book has turned into a fun romp through London during the Roaring 20's.  Lots of different characters to keep straight, but a good read.  I need to finish soon as I have 4 more books from the library and 2 of them cannot be renewed:  "Foster" by Claire Keegan (which is under 100 pages, so should be a single sitting) and "No Two Persons" by Erica Bauermeister.  The other two (I can't even remember what they are!!) are not new releases, so I can renew if necessary.

Time to pour some more coffee down my throat (last night was one of those very restless nights where I woke up every time I rolled over...which was every 20 or 30 minutes) and wake up Fletch.  Hope this mid-week day finds you all doing well.

15 comments:

  1. ooh, yarn in the mail!! I should do that :) We have been having glorious weather these past few days. I hope sleep finds you! I had a restless night but I know it is because of the cookies I baked then ate....ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn in the mail is always a good day! You have some good books to read! Have fun visiting your friend (and I can't wait to see what your next stitch will be!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sock is so pretty that I, personally, would not be in a rush to finish it. I think you will have no problem reading Foster in one sitting, and No Two Persons moves very quickly. As long as you can stay awake (though I hope you'll snooze if you need to!), you can likely easily get through both before they're due back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love those Zauberball socks! I really need to get some of that yarn for myself. I think the socks would go quickly because I'd always want to see what color was up next. Today is a good day with yarn in the mail and visiting with Carol. Happy Wednesday, Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great visit with Carol.

    You really have me curious about which two pieces you are going to stitch next. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Zauberball yarn and your socks are looking great! Have fun with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's quite chilly here. We have a team in doing our basement this week and they have to keep the door open as they are back and forth hauling out broken concrete - Im on the other side of the house, but the chill is still seeping its way up the stairs. Im glad we didn't decide to do this in winter!
    I'll go out on lunch and warm up in the sun in the catio with the kitties

    Your sock is looking great. I do love zauberballs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sock yarn is gorgeous. Hope you have a good catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoying watching the sock progress, but am stuck on the idea that you hem your linen! You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your visit with Carol. I have a few friends that I see only once a year, and I treasure our visits. Zauberball always makes such pretty and unique socks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of progress on the sock! A yarn delivery? What a great day that is. I'm expecting some fiber and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such great sock yarn, Vera! I just love that color/stripe combo! XO (And while Foster is a quick read, it's not a light read. Just sayin.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new sock! It's always a great day when there is yarn in the mailbox! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. The socks are coming along and they are oh so pretty. I think the foot goes faster then the leg/cuff. We have probably talked about this before. I am getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Shrines of Gaiety, too. You describe it will -- "a fun romp through London during the Roaring 20's."

    ReplyDelete