Thursday, May 18, 2023

A Chicken Recipe to Share

Good Morning!

Can you believe it was 34 degrees at my house this morning?  I turned the heat on in the living room, kitchen and bathroom!  I'm wearing handknit socks and a shirt I usually wear in the winter!

Well, it's been a busy morning already.  I've been awake since 2:30 this morning (welcome to my world - I know some of you have the same *issue*).  I did some of my "Thursday reports" at home and then came to the office by 8 a.m.  I was able to leave shortly after lunch yesterday, but fell into a 1.5 hour nap shortly after getting home!  Today will most likely be similar (especially after not much sleep last night).

Despite busy days, I did manage to cook some nights and I made a new (to us) chicken dish that I thought I would share with you.  It is from Twelve Tomatoes and is Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne and it is delicious!!  It is also very easy and quick to put together and there are plenty of leftovers for another meal.  A few notes on the recipe:

  • I cooked half the recommended penne
  • I used roughly 1/2 - 2/3 of the recommended alfredo sauce
  • I added roasted red peppers to the mix
  • I skipped the mozzarella on the top - it seemed "saucy" enough and I thought the cheese would make it too heavy

Next time (and there will be a next time) I would consisder adding sauteed mushrooms, maybe some marinated artichoke hearts, a bit of onion, etc., etc.  Easy to doctor and make your own!

I completely forgot to take a picture Monday night, so here is a picture from the Twelve Tomatoes website.


YUM!!!

Hope your Thursday is going well.

13 comments:

  1. Brrr....it was cold this morning. I disconnected the outside kitty heaters in the sleeping huts a few weeks ago and I bet they had a chilly night out there. They don't look too worse for wear this morning so I guess it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold snap didn't get this far south this time! Sorry for the jolt in morning temps for you! The chicken dish sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it was so cold for you this morning. We had all of the windows open and the ceiling fans going. I'm really enjoying the current spate of low humidity days after the sauna we had going last week. What a relief.
    I had some leftover Costco rotiserrie chicken to do something with last night. I sauteed onions in butter, added minced garlic and salt and pepper. At the same time I cooked some spiral pasta in chicken broth. Then I just added the chicken, a whole lot of sliced mushrooms in with everything else. I didn't drain the pasta, just added broth and all to the onion mixture. Finally I sprinkled on a little thyme and parsley. It was a complete experiment but Dennis said it was a keeper! It was really yummy.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our temps dropped to freezing last night and the house was very cold this morning. I refused to put on the furnace though! Lol. Then Dave started moving stuff back to the basement (the basement work is finally done), and he opened all the doors and windows downstairs because he was getting too warm. Meanwhile, I was up in my office with socks, slippers, fleece-leggings, a heavy sweater and fingerless mitts! Lol.

    Sucks to not be able to sleep, but at least you can make use of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe link, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I brought my lime and hibiscus trees in last night since they were calling for frost and I'm glad I did! I didn't see any actual frost but they're not terribly happy with temperatures lower than 40 degrees so hopefully any baby limes haven't dropped.

    Thanks for the recipe link; it looks delicious. I do hope you get a good night's sleep and the work eases up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was very chilly here yesterday, too. Thankfully it's about 20 degrees warmer here today, but I'm so tired of these ups and downs!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'd skip the bacon, but otherwise it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was cold here yesterday morning, too, we even had a frost advisory! I had to bring it my Boston ferns and cover my window boxes again. Can we have consistent spring please?!? I'm off to check out that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That chicken dish looks so good! (and I love recipes you can tweak for what you have available!) I am hoping we have a nice weekend here... and you do there too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a really great "base" recipe -- that you can play around with! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Vera. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was cold here but we did not turn on the furnace! that dish looks yummy. I'm trying to add different recipes to the same old rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had that weather the day before, and I've had to run the furnace a couple of mornings. This is delaying my basil planting--they're not very happy in really cold air and soil.

    I'm always on the lookout for new and simple recipes. Meal planning (and even eating) is getting tiresome here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a recipe that I can modify to make my own. As far as I'm concerned, it's hard to go wrong with pasta and cheese.

    ReplyDelete