Monday, January 22, 2024

Weekending 1/22/24

 Hello Everyone!

How are you?  How was your weekend?  Mine is actually still going on - I'm off today!  More about that later.

We did get snow.  Not a huge amount, but everything was covered and Dee and I decided to not meet on Saturday morning.  As it turns out, we probably could have met up with no difficulty.  I had to run out to CVS to pick up a prescription, and the roads were fine once I was off my street.  Now, of course, all is clear because we had a beautiful sunny day yesterday.

It is still cold (17 currently) and there is still snow on the ground.  And lots of bird tracks in it!


Yesterday while we were having breakfast, Fletch and I got a kick out of watching Mabel walk across the back yard.  Her hind legs kept sinking into the snow so that she almost looked like she was sitting in it.  I wish I had gotten a video of her, but I was too busy shoving bacon into my mouth!

We were able to get over to Colin & Mailing's for dinner Saturday night and that was great!  Mailing cooked a turkey and made a delicious cauliflower dish and chard.  Colin had made a pear tart for dessert.

Yesterday was a stay at home day.  Plenty of time for making and baking and lazing around.


Gingerbread Blondies

As I mentioned above, I'm off today.  The former CEO of Colin's company is an avid collector of art.  Much of what he acquired is still on the campus where Colin's office is (or was - he is permanently remote now but does go in occasionally) and he has arranged for us to have a tour of the art collection.  We are doing that this morning and then going out to lunch.  A nice way to start the week!

15 comments:

  1. how wonderful that we BOTH posted bird tracks :) Like minds and all of that!!! Have fun during the tour - sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that it was so nice for you to be able to have dinner with C&M, and even nicer to tour the art collection and have lunch! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you ended up missing your meet-up with Dee, especially given that the roads were a non-issue, but I'm glad you get a long weekend! Our snow event was also a little less serious than we were expecting and caused no issues for us over the weekend. Hope you enjoy the tour and lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a quite a bit more snow than forecast, but had no plans for anything but Steve complained mightily none the less! LOL Those blondies look delicious! But really... enjoy your art tour and lunch! What Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gingerbread blondies--mmmm!
    We ended up with about 7" of snow. UGH. I'm hoping that the forecast rain and temps in the 40s and 50s this week will get rid of all of it quickly.
    I'm envious of your art tour. I hope you tell us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the art.

    I thought too that the roads weren't all that bad. But, you don't know they are okay until you get out there and then if they are not...it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything gingerbread so why have I not heard of those blondies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you win the prize for Best Way to Spend a Winter Monday!! And I want to eat those blondies.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a completely satisfying weekend and a great start to the week ahead, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! That sounds very exciting! I hope it is a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice weekend. That art tour sounds very fun. And is that the Gingerbread Blondie recipe from the NYT's?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your tour was great, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Up north, our cats use a kind of bunny hop to get through the snow! lol The blondies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am more clueless than a rock about art. But I like rocks and sculpture! What a treat for you to view that collection.

    ReplyDelete