Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 1/9/24

 Good Morning Everyone!

Looks like it's another good day to stay inside.  Heavy rain (possible flooding) and winds are forecast for today.  Of course, we are going grocery shopping, but that's fine.  The heaviest rain will be sometime this afternoon - good stitching/knitting/reading/napping weather!

It's Tuesday and I have some BIG news on the TNT front.  The Sampler Aux Bouquets - the BIG sampler - is finished!  You may not believe it.  I can hardly believe it!  But here it is in all its glory:


Sorry for the tilt to the picture - it was difficult to get the entire piece into a photograph.  Please click to enlarge.  And here's a close up of the final bits:


And, here are the details:

  • Sampler Aux Bouquets by Jardin Prive
  • Started mid-May, 2023
  • Finished 1/7/24
  • Stitched on 32 count fabric from Vicki Clayton (bought decades ago) using 2 strands of DMC over 2 threads.  Finished size is 6.25” by 32.5”

This was such a fun piece to stitch.  So many different and quirky animals and motifs.  I enjoyed them all.  Surprisingly I never tired of working on this piece (I did get tired of the same colors over and over again).

Next I want/need to work on and finish up the cactus triptych.  And, of course, go through my stash and choose something new to stitch.  There are some more rather large designs I'd like to do, but I may give myself a break and pick something a bit smaller to do first.  Or I may throw caution to the wind and pick several projects to start all at once.  LOL  When I get around to putting away the threads from this piece, I will look at the stash and see what pulls me in.  That could happen this afternoon (during the massive rain).

Meanwhile, back to reality, I do have some financial reports I need to run and distribute for work - I will try to get them done before we go grocery shopping.

Wishing you all a wonderful Tuesday and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you tonight on Zoom for our Read With Us discussion of "The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store" by James McBride.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Vera, it's absolutely stunning! Congratulations on starting off the year with a big finish!

    See you online this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Vera! It is gorgeous! What an incredible work of art! (this might be my favorite of all the Tiny Needle Tuesday's!) Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful finish, Vera! I know you don't frame and hang your stitched pieces, but this one is worthy of a place on the wall so more people can appreciate it. I hope you stay safe and warm during this storm. They're talking about three inches of rain and 35-50 mph winds here, so I'm crossing my fingers that the electricity stays on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish is STUNNING!!!!

    If you are missing any DMC colors when you pull for your new projects, let me know. I have way too much DMC and if I have extras of what you need, I'm more than happy to share.

    Looking forward to see what projects you pick next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So sudden, a finish and a tour de force. I love that whimsical little snail near the end. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful Vera! You have GOT to frame this one and hang it up.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an incredible piece of artful stitching! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it! Less than a year to finish that beauty. I've really enjoyed watching your progress. It always inspired me to pick one of my projects up. I do love that cactus piece and look forward to seeing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. IT'S GORGEOUS! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful, Vera! BRAVO!!! Your stitching is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was quite the project! Congrats - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we had rain all day yesterday after heavy snow for a tiny bit. What a mess!! Even Frodo was disappointed. But now it is not raining. Beautiful gorgeous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic finish, Vera! I can't quite wrap my head around all those TINY stitches ... the end result, though, simply wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sampler is just beautiful. So many stitches is surely a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete