Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 1/30/24

Hello and Good Morning,

Our temps have dropped (below freezing now) and I think/hope that the wind has stopped.  Yesterday was so windy.  It was a good day to stay inside, so I did.

We are at the last TNT for January 2024 and I have a finish to show you!  The Cactus Triptych was finished last Friday and I love it.


 Obviously not ironed yet, but it will be because folks, I am actually going to have this one framed!!  I plan to hang it in my office room where I will see it regularly.  I'm thinking just a plain skinny black frame will do nicely.

Of course I needed to start another piece and I did that yesterday afternoon.  The design is from Blackbird Design's Honeybee Hill and I am stitching the bee which will be made into a pincushion.


My start.  See the cute zippered bag Fletch bought for me?  I'm keeping threads in it.

And here is what it should look like once I am finished stitching it.


The designers call it "Her Majesty," but to me she is "Queen Bee."

As I mentioined, we had such a windy day yesterday and by the time the sun was getting ready to set we wondered if we were in for some stormy weather.  This was the view out my west-facing kitchen window while I was getting dinner ready.



Pretty ominous looking, but we never had any storms.

And, another view from last night.  Our very own Queen enjoying her cactus filled with catnip!



Fletch and I have been enjoying Mabel's reactions to sounds and pictures on the TV.  A crying baby will make her sit up and look.  Last night it was some animals on a nature program we were watching.

Time for me to pour some more coffee and then dry my hair (my head is cold!).  Here's hoping that your Tuesday will bring some fun!


15 comments:

  1. Your cacti are magnificent! I'm glad you've decided to frame it so you can see it every day. And I love your Queen Bee -- looks like she'll be fun to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cacti are so fun, Vera! I think this will be a great framed piece! (But that Queen Bee! Oh My Gosh! I love her!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the cacti, Vera, and I'm so glad you're going to frame it. It's just a stunning piece -- and will be perfect in your office. And your Queen Bee will "bee" so much fun to stitch. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that queen bee. I am fascinated by bees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your finished cactus triptych! It's so different and colorful and I'm glad you decided to frame it. And you've got a good start on Queen Bee. Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful cacti stitching!!!! Hanging it in your office is a great idea! Sweet Mabel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing the cactus. Your new project is very pretty.

    That is funny about Mabel and the TV. I don't think Giroux even gives it a thought, but he does like watching videos on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish! I'd have to frame that one too.
    I've seen that bee on FlossTube from a few stitchers and really liked it. My name in Hebrew means bee so I am always drawn to bee things. They are too small to notice but in all my critter stacks there is the same bee flying by in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great finish! I do love that claret cup section.

    We recently got a big, wall-mounted television, and every once in a while, the cats do look up at it with quite a bit of interest. (When they can be bothered to be awake, that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cacti look fabulous and I love the new project. Mabel is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the finish! I wonder if other national parks have cross stitch things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you got the cold head warmed up! The finished stitching is wonderful. I think the narrow black frame will be just right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mabel looks very content relaxing with the catnip toy. Congratulations on the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy, I love that Cactus Triptych! Can't wait to see it framed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely socks and your February sock squad yarn colors look totally different from mine. My green is very bright green, interesting Such fun stitch project too!

    ReplyDelete