Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 1/23/24

 Good Morning Everyone!

How are you?  Our temps are rising (my computer says 29 as oppposed to the teens) and I can feel the dampness creeping in - I think we will start having some rain tomorrow.

Yesterday's art tour was very nice.  I have pictures to share later this week.  Bonnie and Zhongren were able to join us for the tour, but neither of them were able to go to lunch after.  Anyway, more on that later.

Today is Tuesday which means it is Tiny Needle Tuesday.  I'm excited to show you the Cactus Triptych because I actually stitched quite a bit on it this past week.


I even managed to do the thorns/needles on these.  There are still two more claret cups to be stitched, but I'm confident that this piece will be wrapped up sooner rather than later.  Here's a picture of the piece overall.


I love all the variations of color in this piece - even among each bloom on the cacti there are variations.  Some are subtle, some not so much.  But the overall effect is very pleasing to me.

Yesterday afternoon I spotted this handsome fella walking across our back yard - around the shed and in front of my archery target.  A little unusual to see him during the day, but I was happy to see him and happy that Mabel was inside napping!



Here's to a good Tuesday for all of us.  Time for me to pour another cup of coffee.

12 comments:

  1. The cacti are looking better and better! That fox is beautiful -- you're lucky to have spotted him/her! We occasionally have some interesting wildlife spotting in my backyard, but nothing as exciting as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cactus piece is very pleasing and I'm glad you've had time to work on it. It's also lovely to see that fox; it was nice of him to appear when you were not busy with work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the cactus stitching! But that fox! How cute he is! (and thank goodness Mabel was indoors!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great shots of the fox!!!! I'm always so surprised when I see one (usually only up north) that I never have time to try to get a photo. And I just love your cactus project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cacti look great.

    What a handsome fellow. Looks like he's (or she) is pretty happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once you knew Mabel was safe, seeing the fox had to be an amazing sight!!!!! Beautiful guy. The stitching is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those cacti! The shading and color variations with those pops of red are very pleasing.
    That's a beautiful fox. I saw a big one in the woods last week and it looked very well fed. I'm happy our old mommy cat is safely inside all the time now. She wouldn't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I think those cacti are my favourite. I love how you can see the spines so well. Nicely done.

    What a good-looking fox. The last one I saw was rambling around our lake property in the summertime, and it looked awfully ragged and rough. I do think foxes are so cute and beguiling.

    Glad you had a nice tour and were joined by B and Z. I'm looking forward to the writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cactus stitching! And woah the fox! I love foxed but never see them out here (coyotes yes, foxes no).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty fox - great photo capture! I’m looking forward to hearing more about the art tour and hopefully seeing some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fantastic fox photo!!! I hope the fox isn't interest in Mabel!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. I live very close to the Fox River in the Fox River Valley, there are many places & businesses named for the fox around here, but I've only spotted one three times in 30+ years! They're so cool.

    ReplyDelete