Friday, June 2, 2023

Hello June and Hello Friday

 Good Morning One and All,

Well gee!  I sure am glad to see this Friday and to have this work week (almost) be a thing of the past.  A few nagging thing to take care of today, but my conference call has already been cancelled.  Woo-Hoo!

Yesterday I did a lot of laundry (and hung almost everything on the lines to dry).  I had planned to make some picked watermelon rind, but when I cut into the melon we had bought it was just horrible.  No taste whatsoever and the rind was so thin it would have been difficult to make some good pickles.  That sucker went right into the compost.

I did, however, make another crostata:


With rhubarb, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries!!

Work was busy again, but by 4 p.m. I was sitting on the patio with Fletch enjoying a glass of wine.  No matter where she is:  either upstairs taking a nap or off in the woods somewhere, come 4 pm. and Fletch and I sit outside, Mabel comes trotting over to join us.  So sweet!


She was not happy later last night when I gave her the flea & tick treatment.  She hates that stuff!

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing - have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful weekend, too! I hope you can catch up on some r and r! Hello, Mabel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the workweek is done and you can enjoy time now. Mable is so pretty. I just love her spots.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Mabel. Giroux hates that stuff to and I don't blame them. It's awful. But -------------better than fleas and ticks.

    Gonna be a hot one today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it to Friday! That crostata looks delicious, but I'm sorry about the watermelon. I've been cutting up one each week and they've been pretty good so far. I'll have to try pickling the rind. Mabel is indeed a sweet kitty and I love when she shows off her markings. I hope you all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for Friday and I hope your weekend is ultra relaxing! Holly knows when it is flea and tick I think my husband gives off some vibes. We have to double tag team her to catch her and apply it and cut her nails. She is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mabel is longer than I envisioned. Selecting a watermelon is always a gamble. I’m sorry yours was so tasteless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yum that crostata looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That crostata looks delicious -- I hope it tasted as good as it looks! Our next-door neighbors are growing rhubarb and have promised to share later in the summer when it's ready to be harvested. I hope your work week is done by now and you are already getting a start on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like your Friday call gets cancelled more than it happens! Hooray for that! I need to grow rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually consume two watermelons a week, the only food that is soothing to my dry mouth. First three this year looked great, tasted bad. Never made the pickled rind but if vinegar is used, can't eat it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mabel is like Relic - love to have her people outside with her

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Crostata looks delicious. Just catching up on blogs. I'm reading them all, eventually. ;-)

    ReplyDelete