Monday, June 5, 2023

Weekending 6/5/23

 Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Mine was good.  Mostly lazy.  I never even got dressed yesterday!  Such a slug.  LOL

Saturday morning I did meet up with Dee and we knit a bit, sipped a lot and chatted and laughed the morning away.  Such good medicine.

The balance of the weekend was spent doing a little knitting, a little stsitching and a little reading.  There was some ripping back (stitching), but all seems on track now.

This morning is another question.  I just spent the last hour (roughly 5:30 - 6:30 a.m.) getting my laptop out of sleep (or standby) mode.  I'm not sure what was going on.  I ended up having to take it off the docking station, forcing it off and then turning it back on.  Weird to say the least.  Then when I put it back on the docking station it acted weird for a few minutes.  Not a good way to start Monday.  And, I've two conference calls scheduled this morning which will do nothing to improve my mood.  LOL  I'm tempted to just go back to bed for a bit.


Onward and upward!  Time to get this week started.  

15 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that your laptop acting strange is the worst thing that happens today! Maybe you can knit during your conference calls. That usually takes the edge off for me (especially since it's probably a little early for wine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty laptop! Sitting and knitting with a friend does sound like good medicine. I wish I lived near someone who shared my interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve says the latest Windows version is causing all sorts of issues for them on the work PC's/laptops...

    I hope your Monday is as great as your weekend was! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Hope your laptop gets its act together and your Monday gets less . . . Monday-ish. Here's to a good day, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you more than earned a day of being a slug after your work schedule last week! Sounds like your work laptop could use a strong cup of coffee -- not that I'd recommend pouring coffee onto it! I hope whatever the issue is gets resolved quickly and your conference calls are easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure love the way you and Dee get together so often. I wish I had someone to meet up with too. Everyone needs a slug day once and awhile. I hope your laptop begins working as it should. That is so frustrating.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the Monday-est of Mondays. Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe your computer wants a three day weekend? Hope your week goes smoothly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a Monday that throws it right at you! Hope the rest of the day is going well. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for going back to bed but since it is already afternoon there my guess is that you just got on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your laptop has gotten with the program by now! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My weekend was quiet (I didn’t get dressed yesterday either) with very little being accomplished except reading and a bit of knitting. This morning I played Five Crowns (card game) with the regular group at the senior center. Hopefully, your computer has returned to normal and all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes I too wish I could just get back in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sure hope the day improved ... at least your cut flowers are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers are so pretty. I am murder on flowers. I love to cut them and bring them indoors to look at them.

    ReplyDelete