Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 Hello and Good Morning!

Well, we finally got the rain.  We had a whopper of a thunderstorm last night.  I went up to bed around 10:30 and read for a little bit, turning the light out around 11 p.m.  I don't think I got to sleep until sometime after 1 p.m.  The thunder was so loud and so frequent and the lightening so bright!  Constant flashes and loud crashes.  The rain gauge is showing about 2" this morning.

I would not have slept well anyway as I am worried - Mabel hasn't been around since yesterday morning.  She was here yesterday and came in to eat in the morning, but we have not seen her since.  It is not like her to miss lunch and to not show up for happy hour on the patio.  Please send all the good juju you can that she shows up safe and sound quickly.

Meanwhile it is Tuesday which means an update for Tiny Needle Tuesday.  Autumn Posy is showing a couple more flower heads.


And a few more dark purple do-dads floating around.

The Sampler aux Bouquets has also grown.  


Part I is finished and Part II has been started - a new alphabet and the beginning of some house construction!  Part II is large - looks to me to be roughly twice the size of Part I.  I'm hoping to have the house construction finished by next week.

Wherever this Tuesday finds you, I hope you are doing well.  Take care!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the rain but am sorry it kept you up. And I certainly hope Miss Mabel shows up soon! Perhaps she's just hunkered down somewhere to stay dry? Please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending all my strongest juju that Mabel shows up safe, sound, and very soon! When I'm worried about my kids, I stitch those worries into my knitting, so Mabel will be in my thoughts while I knit today. House construction is an interesting part of stitching and these samplers are both coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that about my outdoor kitties. They will disappear and worry me to death and then show up like nothing happened. I hope Mabel shows up soon.
    Your stitching projects are lovely. I can never believe how much you can get done in a week. All of your projects are so involved and you just fly through them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I always say this about your stitching projects . . . but these latest two really ARE my favorites so far!!! I love them both. As for your dear Mabel . . . I am sending all my juju your way. I hope she's been safely home this morning. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storms are scary for one of my cats. He gets close to the ground, even leaving my lap to do so. Maybe Mabel is just hiding out til it's all clear. I hope so.

    Your projects are so different from each other, but I like them both so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending oodles of good juju to make Mabel come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Mabel shows up now that it is not storming. I'll text you later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I do not like the missing Mable for you--I hate it when I can't find one of the girls at bedtime! We once lost our dog in a t-storm but found him a few day later--he had gotten turned around in the rain!!!
    Oh, and the stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Mabel is now home and curled up taking a nap. Love the new stitching projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Mabel has returned by now!! We had more than one kitty go off on a toot -- sometimes for MONTHS -- but eventually return. Crazy Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH I thought that the blue flower one was done! My mistake! I'm hoping Mabel came home--hopefully she was just hunkered down somewhere waiting for the storm to pass. MABEL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like everyone else I'm so worried about Mabel and hoping she's home safe and sound by now. Hopefully she just didn't like the rain and decided to take cover somewhere. That's why I could never let our cats wander. I worry too much. Dear Lord, please return Mabel home safely very soon.
    Your projects are both coming along really well. So pretty.
    Take care Vera and please let us know as soon as Mabel shows up.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching. I hope Mabel has showed up by now. Maybe she found an out of the way shelter during the storm.

    ReplyDelete