Thursday, June 15, 2023

Cooking - A New Dish!

 Well good morning and hello,

How are you?  I admit that I was initially confused this morning.  I got up at 5:30 thinking it was 6:30.  Oy vey!  I woke Fletch earlier than usual (luckily he was able to get back to sleep).  The bright side is that my Thursday work reports were done and out the door (e-mail door) early, early.  The rest of the day is mine!

Yesterday I finally managed to do some domestic chores...dusting and vacuuming which was desperately needed (no wonder I was always so congested at night - lol).  A couple of loads of laundry which I did have to dry inside - it was raining here by 11 a.m.  I also managed to do a little stitching, a little knitting, and a little reading.  I call that just about a perfect day.

I also made a new-to-us meal for dinner that was delicious!  We had Beef Bulgogi with baby bok choy.


Bulgogi is a Korean dish and THIS is the recipe I used.  Highly recommend.  The flavors were wonderful and it was really easy to pull together (and quick).

Today I want to run to the library to return a book (finally finished The Thread Collectors last night), clean the bathrooms (another desperately needed chore) and have time to stitch, knit and read.  I want another perfect day!

Fletch is planning to grill a pork loin for dinner, so I just need to make some sides.  Work is behaving so far (read that as leaving me alone) and I hope that continues!  Happy Thursday everyone - enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. You're a very industrious little busy bee. I did nothing yesterday. It was pretty hot here and I never left our building. Just left the condo long enough to walk to the lobby and check mail. I did get some knitting done and lists made. Hope work continues to cooperate for you today.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished vacuuming and mopping the whole house in spite of waking up with a monster sinus headache.
    There's a lady in town who has a raised bed of baby bok choy growing in her front yard right next to the sidewalk and every time I pass it I want to pick some and run....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to another perfect day! 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that early morning mis-read of the time has given you a good start to the day! I haven't done much except eat cake for breakfast so I need to gather some motivation and get some things done. Hope it's a good Thursday for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great day yesterday and I hope you get a repeat of all of that today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose waking up an hour early is a bit better than waking up an hour late, but it's never good to start off your day off-kilter. At least you used the error to your advantage! I hope the rest of the day treats you kindly and work is quiet so you can enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be something in the air today - something somewhat similar happened to me... I woke up at what I thought was 6:30.. I went to the bathroom thinking... great - I can get two more hours sleep! (I have a meeting at 9 every morning, so I get up at 8:30 to appear "awake" for it).
    But when I got back from the bathroom it was 7:30! So either I entered a time warp, or I read the clock wrong when I got up, because I DID not use the bathroom for an hour this morning. Either way... I went back to bed and got up at 8:30 lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing, Vera! I am saving the recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe, Vera. That looks amazing! :-) Maybe I'll try it while Erin is still here. Just yesterday she was telling us how much she misses Asian cuisine while she's visiting here (we don't have a lot of Asian food options here . . . ). She lives in the Koreatown area of Santa Clara, and is missing the food . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been waking up earlier this week, too. What's in the air?!

    Your dinner looks very tasty. I haven't had baby bok choy in ages. Not sure if I can find any around here, but the recipe does give substitutions. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to be more adventurous with my cooking!! we have a lovely asian market where we buy our baby bok choy it is so FRESH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds as if you have had a nice few days. Getting a few chores done everyday is the best housekeeping pace for me. Gone are the days when I cleaned and did laundry all day on Saturday and I don't miss them. Dinner looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catching up around the house is always a good feeling! The dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete