Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 5/14/24

 Hello My Friends,

How are you this fine Tuesday morning?  At the moment (6:30 a.m.), it is sunny outside...but I think we will have rain by the afternoon and then rain all day tomorrow and maybe even Thursday.  Oy!  I will enjoy this nice weather while I can.

Yesterday was such a nice day.  Carol arrived by 10:30.  I had just put a fresh pot of coffee on the stove.  It was still a little on the chilly side - just in the 40's.  But by the afternoon we were able to sit outside.  We laughed so much and exchanged some presents.  Among the (too) many things she brought for both me and Fletch were this pair of scissors.  Are they not gorgeous?


My scissor collection continues to grow!

Carole left by 2:30 to avoid the traffic going home.  So, a short but sweet visit.  We will be getting together again before another year is out.  Now that I am retired, there is no reason we cannot meet somewhere halfway between us for lunch or just wandering around during the week.  Perhaps the Chadds Ford area or Kennett Square.

Well, that brings us to this morning and Tiny Needle Tuesday.  My Vierlande Quaker-like sampler is on the small side, but it continues to grow.  A couple of medallions have been added as well as a few more "things" in the center part.  Here's a shot of where it stands at the moment.


I am hoping to add to this a bit this afternoon.


Someone was very, very relaxed and contented last evening

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had such a lovely visit, even if it was short. But, as you said, now that you're retired, you can plan a get-together anytime!

    I just love the colors in your new piece, and I also really want to reach through the screen and rub Mabel's belly (though I'm not sure how receptive she'd be to that -- I know cats aren't like dogs in that respect)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise, I am so happy you had such a lovely get together! Mabel in Repose is delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely visit, and your scissors and sampler are really beautiful! Mabel certainly knows how to relax and it sounds like you're learning to do the same thing now that you're retired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those scissors! I have a scissor obsession myself and those are gorgeous. I have never seen anything like them.
    Your sampler's middle section is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those scissors are beautiful!! Beautiful stitching Vera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad teh visit was great! I find myself more and more attracted to pretty scissors. Because why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those scissors are lovely! Happy you are finding time to visit with friends now that your days are more your own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what fun!! I love the photo of Mabel all chilled out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the new scissors, too! The stitching is great . Mabel is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those scissors are beautiful. And the "things" in the center look very nice!

    ReplyDelete