Friday, May 17, 2024

Little One

 Good Morning All,

The weekend is upon us which is a marvelous thing (even though with retirement just about every day is a weekend!!).

I've no real news to share or pictures of works in progress, but yesterday afternoon a (very young) mother and her newborn fawn came out of our woods.


That cute little fawn was so wobbly on his/her legs!  Yes, we do have a problem with deer eating some of our plants, but when I see a little fawn, I cannot help but be happy.

No specific plans for today...hoping to do a few chores, hoping to get out for a walk, hoping to find time to stitch, knit and read.  All of that to be determined.  

Wishing you all a glorious weekend - enjoy!!


14 comments:

  1. Adorable! This is exactly how I feel about the baby bunny I keep seeing in my backyard. Yes, it's nibbling on my plants, but it's so cute!

    Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww! So tiny! (Mom is telling baby.......here is the salad buffet!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! We have plenty of deer here but I don't think I've ever seen one so young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! And what an absolute treat for them to come out to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh isn't that the sweetest photo? Deer can be destructive but I still think that they're beautiful.
    We dropped the truck off this morning to have a topper, canopy, bed cover, whatever they call it in your neck of the woods, installed. Just in time for our camping trip on Sunday. Of course we ordered it 2 1/2 months ago and it just came in Wednesday!
    We also have a funeral this afternoon for our camping friends Dad. Busy day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay baby deer! I don't think we've seen any out here yet but we see lots of pregnant deer ready to drop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! A doe here is huge, probably triplets soon. I hope mom senses that fox and doesn't leave baby alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much more welcome than the fox!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Baby critters do bring a smile to us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet … baby animals always make my heart melt. We have bunnies that have eaten our daisies but I don’t care because they are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet photo. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How delightful to see that deer and her fawn!

    ReplyDelete