Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday Felines...and a Fox...Again! 5/10/24

 Hello All,

It is a cold and wet day in Eastern PA.  I am wearing leggings, a sweatshirt, hand-knit socks and I put a fleece vest on when I drove over to Colin & Mailing's to feed Talbot and Marcel.  I was happy to have my travel mug of coffee with me.

Only a picture of Marcel - Talbot refused to pose nicely.  LOL

I hung around a little bit to supervise the feeding of the cats.  Marcel is on a special diet (for his kidneys, plus he has gained weight).  His food is dry.  Talbot can't eat that because he has had too many teeth extracted.  So, Talbot gets wet food which Marcel loves and will try to eat.  The supervision went well, both cats ate their respective food items, litter boxes were cleaned and then I was able to drive home.

I sure hope the weather is nicer in Boston - C&M are up there for a wedding tomorrow.

It was when I got home that I learned Mr. Fox was around again.  Fletch was in the kitchen fixing his breakfast and had just let Mabel out when he heard a growling.  He ran to the patio door and there was Mr. Fox right at the patio!  He opened the door and Mabel rushed in.  This is getting annoying!  I don't want to harm the fox, but I don't want the fox to harm Mabel.

Anyway, enough excitement for one day.  I have laundry going now, but no other plans for the day...so I can see some knitting and stitching in my future.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's (and Happy Birthday to my oldest brother on Sunday).

13 comments:

  1. We are having the reverse weather out here - finally a few days without a sweater and hat! Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay--I'm starting to wonder, even more, about this fox and your patio. Is dear Mabel his obsession? Any other possibilities? I feel like he's REALLY persistent. Do you know if he frequents any of your neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew how to shoo away foxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool and rainy here, too -- I'm about to make a cup of hot tea! I'm glad to hear Mabel was safe from Mr. Fox, but it's concerning that he keeps showing up. I wonder if there's such a thing as fox repellant? Or if you can somehow have the scent of a predator? Maybe you can just send him to my house so he can keep the bunnies away from all my plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcel sure is a handsome boy.

    That fox needs to find a new place to be.

    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcel is quite handsome and you are the perfect cat sitter to make sure that they each eat what they are supposed to.
    When we had a garden in NJ we had several pesky groundhogs that would dig under the electric fence and treat the garden like their personal smorgasbord. We used a Havahart trap and then took them for a ride across the Delaware River and released them. The trap doesn't kill them, just traps the animal, and we eventually got rid of the groundhogs so I think it worked. I wonder if that might work for the fox?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fox is very worrisome. I've never seen them be aggressive here. My black vultures shoo ours away easily. They peck them right back into the woods if they dare get too close to their food. When I had my outdoor kitties I used to keep an Echo dot on my windowsill with the window cracked and played BBC World Service all night to keep them away from the sleeping huts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcel is a beautiful boy! It's no fun to keep them away from each other's food! That fox needs to find a mate and get distracted with his own family in the woods!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so weird for foxy to keep coming back. I hope Mabel always sees it coming if visits continue, they are very cunning. It's still raining here, and yes, sweatpants and hoodies are needed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder why that fox is so obsessed with your property. It can't be that Mabel is the attraction. There must be something else.

    We've had the most shitful weather here in NEO--cool, rainy, windy. Feels like March. I've had to resort to my heating pad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That fox... wow! That is a bit scary! I am hoping that he just thinks Mabel is cute and wants to see her close up! LOL

    We had the heat running this weekend as well... and today it is heading to 80. Crazy, crazy, crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather was nice up here this weekend and I hope C&M were able to enjoy it although it was a little chilly. What is UP with that fox??!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we had chilly weather in Ohio but I was quite happy since I do not like to be hot at all.

    ReplyDelete