Monday, February 12, 2024

Wewekending 2/12/24

 Hello My Friends,

How are you?  And, how was your weekend?  Mine was lovely.  Naturally I met up with Dee Saturday morning for our therapy session.  I managed to get a good amount of knitting done on the Route 66 sock.

Colin & Mailing had invited us for dinner Saturday night and it was a delicious meal.  Mailing made beef bourguignon which was amazing over egg noodles.  Colin made an upside down blood orange olive oil cake. 


We came home with a quarter of the cake!!  It was/is delicious.

Talbot and Marcel were around and underfoot at times.


Talbot mostly lay on the floor in front of the oven keeping his eye on the beef!


Marcel lounged on the sofa looking regal.

Even though it was beginning to get a bit overcast, it was a great night for a fire.  


We sat out with beverages enjoying the fire and the night sky until after 9:30.  Now, of course, there is some not-so-nice weather in our forecast for the next day or two.  I'm guessing we will get rain rather than snow, but there is a slight chance of flurries overnight tonight.

My dentist appointment this morning was cancelled, so I've got a free morning.  There is a pile of laundry waiting to be done and I may try to get out for a walk before lunch.  Otherwise, it looks like a good day for knitting, stitching and reading.  Perfection!

Cheers to a new week ahead!

19 comments:

  1. That cake is amazing! I find it amusing that the cats seemed to naturally lounge on things that match their coloring. Enjoy your unexpectedly free morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is indeed amazing! (and leftovers are such a treat!) We have snow in the forecast overnight... 4+ inches. Steve is already in panic mode! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out with Dee and a delicious dessert!! Sounds so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I get invited to dinner at Justin's I have to take dinner (neither one of them is much of a cook). Someday I hope to get an invitation to dinner from someone who makes food as delicious as C&M! I don't want to look at our weather; it started at around 1.5" of snow and now they're predicting 8-10". Enjoy your free morning (with laundry)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love olive oil cake. I haven't made one in ages. I just ordered the heat deflector for my solo stove. It's great but the heat goes straight up. I enjoyed making my fires but I was freezing to death once the sun went down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always fun to see the kitties. Did Talbot get at least a little taste of the beef?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake looks wonderful! And I love seeing kitty photos, always. We're getting a storm tomorrow and I'm hoping for a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake is a masterpiece! Your weekend sounds like it was heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marcel and Talbot are just so handsome! And that pie looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy cats! I've been craving pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron skillet. I have neither. Since the Sjogren's, I can't eat citrus and I miss them, Colin's cake looks luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful cake! Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice weekend. That cake looks delicious. Here comes Winter weather again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting idea for a cake! I might need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a perfectly lovely weekend. And a very filling meal. Wow! That cake...MMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a most delightful weekend ... love how you call your meetup time with Dee "therapy" :-) We haven't seen the sun since Thursday and I'm sure y'all are going to get all the rain up your way. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cake looks so amazing! And it's so nice to see the kitties again. I hope you enjoyed a quiet day, Vera, with plenty of time for all the things you were looking forward to. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds to me like that weekend couldn't have been ANY better! And I'm so Talbot kept his on the B.B....someone had to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a GREAT weekend! Your dinner sounds delicious and of course time with Dee is always great isn't it?
    I hope the weather isn't too bad and that you had a good day today, having fun doing what YOU want to do.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete