Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 2/13/24

 Good Morning All,

Well, the snow is here.  I had guessed (wrong) that we would just get rain.  It was raining pretty hard when I went to bed at 10:30 last night and was still raining when Mabel asked to go out at 4:30.  But, when I got up at 6:15, the street, cars, lawn - everything - was (and is) covered in snow and it's coming down at a pretty good clip.  Luckily I ran out yesterday afternoon for milk (was just about out) and sunflower seeds for the birds, so we can stay put today - no need to go out.

Luckily I did get out for a walk yesterday morning.  I went early - 9 a.m. - and there were not many on the trail.  Once again I walked alongside the Perkiomen Creek in Oaks.  No sign of a blue heron or red winged blackbirds (I keep hoping to see them) but just about a gazillion geese.  At one point I didn't know if I would be able to continue down the trail as the geese were covering it.  Fortunately they moved out of the way.  These are not nasty geese.  I did spot a sign of spring along the side of the trail - little bulbs coming up:


Now, of course, these gentle little plants are covered in snow.  That's Spring!

Happy Mardi Gras!  It kind of snuck up on me this year.  Colin was soaking beans last night to make red beans and rice.  I didn't even think of that, so we are having pasta with sauce that I made a few weeks ago.

So here we are at Tiny Needle Tuesday and I do have an update to share.  My Queen Bee has gotten her wings!


Don't her wings look lacey and delicate?  I'm planning on finishing the border at the top today.  There is also a bottom border and then sort of a honeycomb design on either side.

Since I will be house-bound today, I may take the opportunity to stash dive and pick out my next project...this one is nearing completion.  Of course, I could easily get distracted by any one of a million other things.

Have a wonderful Tuesday and if you are in the path of this storm (or any other), stay warm and safe.

15 comments:

  1. We were supposed to get rain transitioning to snow but ended up getting nothing! It's just as well -- I wasn't looking forward to the snow anyway.

    Your bee is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that our forecast jumped over us and landed on you... sigh. We could really use the precipitation! But your bee! Oh man, I love her! She is gorgeous! I might need to stitch this... even though cross stitch and my eyes are not a good match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our predictions ranged from flurries to 10" so they must have had a hard time predicting what the snow would do. It's snowing hard here, and when I filled the birdfeeder this morning, I cleaned off 4" of snow. We may be closer to the 10" than just flurries!

    Your Queen Bee looks lovely with her wings and I can even see a stylized crown in that bit above her. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen Bee is looking great! I'm sitting here watching the Weather Channel and having some serious snow envy. All we've got is rain. Booo.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Queen Bee looks beautiful.

    I think even WE are staying put today. I was supposed to get my hair cut, but they haven't salted or plowed Butler yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice addition to your bee. Please do keep that snow over on your side. It's cold here (34), but sunny and cloudless. I have errands to run, and I'd prefer not to shovel any more this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your Queen Bee. I'm supposed to go to Costco to get those mattresses today but I'm really nervous about driving the truck. We'll see, maybe I'll wait until Dennis gets off of work.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your Snow Day doing the things you love. Blue sky here this morning and temperatures predicted to be in the mid-40s - heavenly. Love the Queen bee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning! It sounds like you woke up to quite the surprise with the snow covering everything! It's always interesting how quickly the weather can change, especially when we least expect it. It's great that you stocked up on essentials yesterday, so you can enjoy a cozy day indoors without needing to venture out.

    You can check out my new post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wind and rain last night but it is 60's and sunny now-you never know what you're getting in February! lol The queen bee is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like snow drops! Mine just started blooming - which is about two weeks early for them. We are supposed to get a dumping of snow on Thursday - but it won't hurt the snowdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you can stay put in the snow! Enjoy a snow day! Love the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wings of the queen bee do look delicate. How nice you are able to stay home on this snowy day. I hope you found time to stash dive. It's always a fun activity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bee, Vera! It's just lovely. (Bees are one of my favorite "design motifs," generally . . . ) I'm glad you're having some snow (all winters need SOME snow!). Spring(ish) snows tend to be heavy and wet . . . so I'm betting it won't last too long -- just long enough to enjoy the magic.

    ReplyDelete