Monday, February 26, 2024

Weekending 2/26/24

 Hello!

Welcome to the final week of February!  You all know I'm excited!!  Just 4 more days of work, but really none...I have not been doing much work-wise at all.

The lunch my peeers took me to last Wednesday was wonderful.  Delicious food, good conversation and I also got some lovely parting gifts.  So thoughtful and really very, very kind.

I can't tell you what I did Thursday or Friday, but it seems like it was busy.  Saturday morning I met up with Dee as usual for a delightful morning of catching up, some knitting and, of course, sipping coffee.  Sunday Fletch and I did some errands.  Nothing spectacular and nothing that really worked out, but fortunately it was a bright sunny day - the perfect day to be out for a drive.

And then this morning, at 5:30, as I walked downstairs to let Mabel out I stepped in cat vomit.  YUCK!  At least she had the presence of mind to puke on the bare floor rather than a rug, but still...She seems fine now - I guess something didn't agree with her.  She is back in and just had some breakfast (I can hear her moving her bowl around - she probably wants to go back out).

I need to get some potting soil to re-pot the oak saplings I grew from Acorns I gathered at Cook Forest State Park last Fall.


Time to get them out of the yogurt cup!

And look at my new succulents!!


The "petals" are ones I gathered at C&M's - they had fallen off a plant they brought back from Texas.  I don't think they have rooted (I since read about the plant and that is not the way to go about it), but other things have sprung up in the soil!  I want to get those planted in some good/better soil as well.

I'm heading to the office this morning.  I need to make copies of some things for my meeting with our tax person next month.  Then I'll make a quick run to Trader Joe's and also pick up some wine at the liquor store.  C&M are coming to dinner tomorrow night - Fletch is planning to grill some lamb chops.  YUM.  The afternoon I'm saving for knitting and stitching.

So, how was your weekend?  And how is your week shaping up?  Here's hoping it's a good one for all of us.  I can feel SPRING in the air!

15 comments:

  1. I hope the worst of your Monday is over and Mabel has recovered. These next four days are exciting as you get ready for real retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy final week of work! It's nice to hear that they're not keeping you super busy in your last few days. I hope Mabel is doing better, and I'm sorry you had such a gross start to the day. It can only get better from here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you about your retirement! Lena often gobbles her food too fast and takes three steps from the bowl and barfs. I tell her it isn't very lady-like! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! That is NOT a nice way to start the week. Hope Mabel is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am nodding with Bonny's thoughts! I hope Mabel is feeling much better! And may these next four days be swift! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG IT'S YOUR LAST WEEK! It's so exciting. I hope all your practicing pays off. LOL

    Mabel probably felt better the moment she yakked that up. She's fine.

    It's all flowers and rainbows after starting a Monday like that. Enjoy your LAST MONDAY AT WORK! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clean up at least three piles of cat puke every morning. The Mister and I just had words because he decided to start a conversation about it while I was trying to eat my breakfast....lol. I usually get up before he does and have it all cleaned up so I don't have to hear about it but I slept in this morning so he had to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, yes, stepping in cat puke. One of the lesser joys of being a cat owner! Just think, next Monday you will be RETIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cook Forest! I love Cook Forest! How special to have your own little bit of it there on your sill.
    Enjoy all the celebrations...the anticipation...the big day...! And the lamp chops :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We continue with the weather rollercoaster here! High of 53F today, 65F tomorrow, 28F on Tuesday, slowly climbing back into the 60s for the weekend. It's nutso!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy last week! You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those green plants. I'm glad your colleagues treated you to lunch. I'm sure they will miss you. You may need that wine for a little celebrating later in the week. Although I am partial to a fancy coffee and a good cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like starting the day with cat puke! Poor Mabel . . . but also poor you! I am so envious of your beautiful baby oak trees! I have tried to grow trees from acorns, but they never seem to work for me . . . except where they just plant themselves - usually where I don't want them (in the middle of a flower bed). XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is it with cats and strategically placed puke...???

    ReplyDelete
  15. wahoo for the LAST week of work!!

    ReplyDelete