Monday, February 19, 2024

Weekending 2/19/24

 Hello all,

How are you?  I am doing well.  Just 9 more days of work!  Woo-Hoo.  How was your weekend?  Mine was good, thank you very much.

I woke up at 4:00 Saturday morning, looked out the window and it was snowing like crazy.  It looked like a blizzaard.  When I got back up at 6 to let Mabel out it had stopped.  It started and stopped again several times during the morning.  Turns out we got a few inches of snow, but the roads were clear.  Good thing since we were on cat duty this weekend and I needed to get over to Colin & Mailing's to feed Talbot and Marcel.

Dee texted me around 7:30 to say she was up for meeting since the roads were not bad, so we spent a few hours in Manhattan Bagel enjoying our knitting and conversation (and some pretty bad music...again...).

Yesterday I made some bread (bread machine):


 Maple Oatmeal Bread and boy is that yummy!  I made it to go with some soup - a recipe that Kym shared some months back:  Lemony White Bean Soup With Turkey and Greens.  That was very yummy too and now there are leftovers in both the frig and freezer!

Today's dinner is a recipe from another bloggy friend - Bonny!  She shared a "what's for dinner?" recipe where you throw cooked chicken breasts, frozen corn, various beans, a jar of salsa and taco seasoning in the crock pot and let it cook all day.  The chicken breasts are just about finished cooking and I will put everything in the pot before I leave to go feed the cats.  Meals like this are so satisfying - they go together quickly, they are easy to make, they taste great and there are lots of leftovers.

I have a few things on my agenda today:  laundry, picking up a prescription, and maybe a chore or two around the house...or not...there must be time for knitting, stitching and reading!  The week must be started in the right way!  LOL

Have a great Monday!

12 comments:

  1. All this talk about food has me wanting something delicious for breakfast! (I don't remember that chicken at all; I should make it someday.) We ended up with 10 or 12" from the Saturday storm but this week looks snow-free. The countdown begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it was a good weekend for soup and bread -- I also made them, though not for the same meal!

    I can't believe you are already down to single digits in your countdown to retirement. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a good weekend for baking! That is the best countdown ever, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really getting close to the finish line at work! Happy for you! The bread looks great and your meal work--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for seeing Dee and yay for a yummy meal! That is a great weekend. so close to retirement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must have been the weekend for bread making. I've seen some yummy ones this morning. I did make soup but never got to the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our snow (1") is almost all melted today. Believe me when I tell you I was beyond irritated that we got any at all.

    Homemade bread and a couple of glasses of wine sounds like a meal to me. Nice of you to add the chicken dish to the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made that soup that Kym recommended a few times -- it's fantastic!! Your bread sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crockpot meals are delicious as well as easy: both recipes sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bread looks and sounds delicious . Crockpot meals are always good and so versatile too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a loaf in the breadmaker late last week and it was gone by the next morning, lol. I guess I should do it a little more often.
    We didn't get as much snow as they were calling for, but it's stayed mostly cold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, the week must be started with some making of some kind. For a wonder I had no chores on today's list so I cut some binding for a small quilt and got back to plying some yarn.

    ReplyDelete