Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday 2/6/24

 Good Morning My Friends,

It's on the chilly side here in Eastern Pa - just in the lower 20's, but once again the sun is shining and I am glad for that.

Things are looking so different in my office!  Yesterday when I arrived I first noticed that all the furniture in the lobby is gone.  When I walked into the kitchen to get a sip of water, all the tables and chairs are gone!  NONE of the furniture that we have is being moved downstairs to our new space...it's all just being junked.  I may go over tonight with Colin to score a bookcase for him - there are tons of tall bookcases up for grabs.

Anyway, I was at the office longer than I wanted (till after 2 p.m.), but training with both people went well.  I may have another session or two with Heather, but that will be it.  Winding down!!

All that brings us to today which is Tuesday, so time for a TNT update.  I managed to stitch a little bit over the weekend on my Queen Bee.


She now has a full body, legs and antenna.  Hopefully her wings will be stitched soon.

My plan was to look in my stash and pick out a large project to start, but that did not happen yet...and probably won't until maybe the weekend.  Today I have some laundry I want to do and we will go grocery shopping (senior discount on Tuesdays!!).  Colin is going to his office and will plan to come to dinner from there.  Sunny skies mean grilling and we will have burgers.

Tomorrow we will finally be driving down to Delaware to see my brother and his wife.  Christmas celebrations!!  Our visit with them was postponed initially because they came down with Covid at Christmas and then later postponed due to my work schedule.  Although we talk fairly regularly, we have not seen them in months, so it will be good to get together.

And right now I need to find a shawl (chilly) and pour a second cup of coffee.  Here's hoping your Tuesday unfolds peacefully and pleasantly.  Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Your bee is so adorable! I am also hopeful for wings soon! :) Have a great trip to see your brother! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Once you decided to retire, everything changed at your office. I guess you leaving was the Defining Moment. LOL

    I couldn't tell you the last time I had a hamburger. I sort of broke up with beef a long time ago. We just weren't getting along. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to see the sun this week and it warmed up nicely yesterday. Your Queen Bee is looking good. I'm picturing her with a crown and wings, but there may not be an actual crown on the chart. :-) Safe travels and enjoy your visit with your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels for tomorrow. Have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find the bookcase you can use for Colin! The stitching is pretty cute so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bee!
    After I retired I went back to my old school for a few weeks of subbing for a teacher friend and seeing my old room being used by someone else was really weird. Seeing photos of my old school on their website now is so strange. I don't recognize anyone or anything. It's changed so much in the 15 years I've been gone. Hard to believe it's been 15 years. Time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful and safe trip and visit with family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your queen bee is looking very regal! I'm so glad to hear that you're finally getting to see your brother and sister-in-law. I hope your travels are smooth and you have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a nice visit with your family. It's good to be together whenever it happens. The bee is looking quite regal. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love that sweet bee! I enjoy seeing all of the bee's in stores right now. They seem quite popular in decor.
    I hope your dinner with Colin was fun, I'm sure it was. Safe travels to visit your family.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. have fun with family and I love the legs on your bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that bee! The medical offices where I once worked would always be changing. I was infuriated that dumpsters were parked outside and perfectly good fixtures, wall decor, upholstered furniture, lavatories, cabinets, desks, all junked rather than donated every time someone new came in.

    ReplyDelete