Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 3/21/23

 Hello and Good Morning!

How are you?  I'm a bit groggy...having had only a sip or two of coffee so far.  Last night sleep eluded me.  I'm not going to complain because I've had a couple of weeks of excellent sleep - 9+ hours on occasion!  But last night?  I woke at 1:30 and never really got back to sleep.  I dozed for 5 minutes or so here and there, but that was it.  You know I'll be napping today!

There has been a bit of stitching in the past week.  The tree that the bird is perched on is finished and (YAY!!) my outside borders met up perfectly.  Whew!




I am getting a little sick of that gold color.  Unfortunately there is a ton more of it to stitch.  It runs all along the bottom portion of the sampler - under the house and across to the other side and down to the bottom border.  That's an awful lot of a single color.  I'll do some of it and then take a break and fill in with a bit of the quirky stag and some of the other motifs that are left to complete.

Occasionally I think I'm nearing the end of this sampler, but not really - there is still an awful lot of stitching left to complete.  My next piece may need to include more (and different) colors.

Fletch and I are starting to plan a little get-away for the week after Easter.  We will be heading South (VA and NC) to visit family and friends.  I am definitely looking forward to that!

And...I'm looking forward to seeing some of you this evening when we gather for our Read With Us Zoom discussion.  See you then!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad the bird now has a tree and especially glad that your borders met up! heading south the week after Easter sounds great. You will probably be able to enjoy the best of spring! Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good week for matched up borders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one big tree! I hear you with being weary with the gold. I've got one project that's just a sea of blue at the moment and it does get old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a reason to celebrate when the border meets up. LOL Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to plan a Spring trip! It’s fun to see more motifs appear on the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the gold, but too much of anything can be a pain.

    Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A trip to plan! How lovely for you both. Just think of that whilst you labour away on all that sameness of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I am sorry that sleep was elusive last night but yay for a little get-away! See you soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleep still hasn't settled in for me since the time change! It's hard to function at 100% when you are out of gas! lol The stitching looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Insomnia is not fun. I may have finally sorted out the time change. The sampler is very pretty. Good luck with all that gold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the stitichery. You got so much done. I spent 6 1/2 hours of my day today with Mom at various doctor/nurse visits. All is well though and that's a relief. Should be an easy fix for her.
    I sure hope you're sleeping better tonight. It's 11:30 pm and I need to get to bed soon too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have sleepless nights like that sometimes, and I just hate them. Insomnia is so frustrating! Hope your sleep is back on track now . . . I love your sampler, Vera. Sometimes those bigger projects become such slogs-of-tedium. But they're usually worth it in the end! XO

    ReplyDelete