Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday Wrap Up

 Good Morning!

How are you?  I'm doing so very well - no work today and I slept until 7 a.m.!  Woo-Hoo.  Bonus is there is a bit of sun out there.  Not sure how long that will last as rain is in the forecast.  but for now I will enjoy it.

When I came downstairs and opened the living room shades, I discovered that the lemon that had been growing on the lemon tree was no longer in place.  It had fallen off overnight.  There is another group of buds ready to open though, so perhaps another lemon will form (fingers crossed).


Last night I made another new-to-us dish.  Butternut Squash Curry!  Cooking in the pot:


And served over jasmine rice:


Colorful, flavorful and very, very filling.  I used this recipe and it is fast and easy.  I started cooking around 5:15 p.m. and we were sitting down to eat just after 6 p.m.

That is 5 new recipes this week!  Also I planned everything out so that we did not over-buy at the grocery store.  I'm so good at picking up way too many fresh veggies because they all look good and then we don't use them all quickly enough.  We also have enough leftovers in the frig for 3 more dinners (unless Fletch goes into some of them for lunches...).

Today we are heading to Ikea mid-morning.  I have not been to the store in a couple of years, but our wine glasses have been steadily breaking and I know Ikea has decent, cheap ones.  I alwys enjoy wandering through Ikea's kitchen area and they also have fun plants sometimes.  Plus, we can walk around a bit and not feel like we've missed out on a walk if it does rain later.  Then we plan to go out to lunch.  

I plan to spend the afternoon knitting/stitching/reading and just taking it easy.  If it does rain, I may need to curl up with my book under a blanket and perhaps doze a little!  I do love a good nap.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

12 comments:

  1. That curry looks so good! I can't promise that I'll make it anytime soon because John doesn't like the taste of curry powder, but he has a fishing trip planned in June so I may make it for myself then. I don't think I've ever been to Ikea, but I'd love to wander around even if it was just for the meatballs. Have fun and enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know I've NEVER been to an IKEA??? There is one in Detroit, and there is one in Chicago, but whenever I'm in either location, I just don't have the energy to explore. Someday, maybe. (Although maybe it's a good thing that there isn't one nearby? I kinda think I'd like it a little too much. . . ) Your new recipes/meal planning are inspiring! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ikea? Lucky, lucky you! It's been too long since I've been in one too. Once I discovered they deliver here for just $6 I can't get the motivation to make the long drive. I do need a dose of their inspiration though to get things sorted out here. There is nothing like walking through the showroom. And the food.....I could spend all day sitting and knitting in the cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the lemon!

    I noticed a couple daffodil sprouts broken in the catio yard - no doubt due to cat wrestling.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty good Friday.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squishmallows are pillow like stuffed toys, (rounded shape) that have names and something about them attached to a little card when you buy them. Miss Piper has 12-15 of them and they all gather on her bed during the day! She even has a knitting squishmallow. :-)
    I think your soup looks delicious. We both like butternut squash too. It will be fun to hear about the treasures you find at IKEA. I always find something there, although it's usually years between visits.
    I hope you enjoy your rainy day off Vera.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That curry looks amazing, Vera! (and is going on my list for next week!) Yum!

    IKEA... I was just thinking I need to amble through there. Maybe I can convince Steve to head out this morning! HA! (he is "working" from home today)

    Have a lovely lunch and a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plan for your day sounds perfect, especially the reading and napping. Enjoy! I love Butternut Squash but rarely fix it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That curry looks so good! Sorry about your lemon; I'll keep my fingers crossed that the blooms lead to fruit. I hope you had a good walk through IKEA and have a lovely, relaxing afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leftovers in the fridge is always a good thing. I hope the lemon blossoms lead to new lemons. And I wish you a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought several FreshWorks from Rubbermaid and they really do keep veggies fresh much longer. No washing before storing. My peppers last for a few weeks and stay firm, works for lots of other items too.

    ReplyDelete