Thursday, March 2, 2023

Pretty Blooms 3/2/23

 Good Morning All,

It's another grey, foggy, misty morning here with temps in the low 40's.

I don't really have any spectacular news for you, but I wanted to show you some lovely blooms that are happening right now.  First up we have the Christmas Cactus that hasn't bloomed for more than a year.  If you remember, Dee suggested it was getting too much light in our living room so I moved it into the office room.  In a week there were several buds!  Well, one of them has opened beautifully.


Only this one bud has opened (the others are still tight and small), but isn't it spectacular?

Speaking of spectacular, look at my African Violet!


This sits on the windowsill at the kitchen sink (ESE facing).  There are months that go by without a single flower or even a bud, but when it decides to bloom it goes all out!  Look at the number of buds!

Both of these flowering plants cheer me up on these grey days.  They are a joy to see.  And...it looks like the lemon might be ready to bloom again as well.  I'm keeping my eye on it (and, yes, the lemon that formed earlier continues to grow some).

Well, it is Thursday which means I've got some reports to run and distribute.  I will get to them shortly.  I also have one (hopefully very quick) conference call at 10.  After that I'm free.  As a bonus, all my calls on Friday have been cancelled so I have decided to take that day off and have a lovely 3 day weekend!  Woo-Hoo!  I am loving this new Flex Time Off Policy.

Wishing you all some brightness on this day - enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely! Both of them Vera! I love African Violets.. my dear nana had a dozen of them that always seemed to be perpetually blooming to me. Getting one to bloom again is such a joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to start off the month! And I think taking tomorrow off is a good idea -- a three-day weekend is always great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers are magical! :-) My mom was an African violet "whisperer." I feel so guilty that I managed to destroy all her plants in such a short time when she was ill. (I do not whisper to African violets, I'm afraid.) It's lovely to see yours blooming so beautifully! Enjoy your long weekend, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is a very gray day so it's so nice to see your pretty blooms! And a three-day weekend is always special. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss having any houseplants. My kitties are grazers and would eat or tear up both of those beauties. I do miss my windowsill of happy little African Violets. They have always been my favorites. My grandmother always had a ledge full of them growing in old cottage cheese tins-when it used to come in tins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the bloomers in your home: they would brighten the most gloomy days. My days of caring for houseplants are behind me. I doubt I could keep any alive in my current home: too much sun and a bit drafty at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cactus and violets. My orchid has rebloomed with SIX flowers. I'm so thrilled. I read a comment from one of my blog readers telling me what I was doing wrong with both that plant and my african violets. Now the violet looks so healthy that although it's not blooming yet like yours is, I'm hopeing it will be soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love those colors. Your package arrived today! I stopped by the PO this morning early and picked up my mail and the postmaster called out "if you can wait a few minutes, I need to scan one for you" and it was from you! I have yet to open it but THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for blooms! and for 3-day weekends - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom had a beautiful Christmas cactus, lots of blooms. And a bunch of African violets. When I had to care for her in her home after we lost dad while designing and building to move her with us, it was hectic. I don't know what happened to them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your indoor blooms! They are such a treat - especially at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete