Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 3/14/23

 Good Morning,

What a noisy night!  The wind woke me up at some point when it was howling around the house and rattling windows.  I did eventually fall back asleep but then there was Mabel's 5:30 a.m. wake up call.  Back asleep and then at 7 I woke but struggled to get out of bed - it was quite chilly once the covers were thrown back.

I'm happy to say that my doctor did call in a prescription for doxycycline which I took yesterday.  A single dose of 2 pills this time!  So, I should be protected if indeed that nasty tick bit me.  I also managed to pick up our taxes and drop off a donation at a local thrift store.  Work got very busy in the afternoon, but at least I was able to run my errands.

It feels as though last week got away from me.  I'm not sure what I was doing, but it wasn't much stitching!  Here's an overall view of Ellen Harrison as of last night.


And a close up of the start of the tree the bird is perched upon.

If all goes well today, I plan to finish up the tree and move on to more of the outside border.  Fingers crossed that the bottom border and right hand side border will meet up perfectly.

We did have another new recipe last night which turned out delicious!  We had Mongolian beef over jasmine rice with a side of spicy-garlicky eggplant.  Yum!


The recipes I used are here and here in case anyone is interested.

Time for me to get rolling and get my day started.  Hope your week is going well!

10 comments:

  1. That's a short and sweet dose of doxy! I'm glad the bird has a tree to sit on and view the giant stag that I know will be coming in the future. Thanks for the Mongolian Beef recipe. I've got some venison steaks that I've been trying to use up and I think this might be just the thing to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dragging this morning, too -- my daughter woke up me up at around 5:30 with stomach pains that I'm pretty sure were just from gas. Good times! I expect I'll need a cat nap this afternoon. The stitching is looking great, though I have to say that I thought that was a candelabra rather than a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that "will the border meet" game. I play with way too often. I think I may be sitting in the basement all day today. What's up with this wind? It never seems to end anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet little robin redbreast! So cute.
    We got about an inch and a half of snow and some bitter northerly winds. My poor daffodil shoots! March is always a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that little robin in the tree.
    I had one in the tree outside my office window yesterday afternoon. It's snowing again today, but at least I know spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been craving some mongolian beef!!!! This looks like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the prescription was received and the meds taken. Now you don't have to worry so much. The red in your bird is so pretty. I think you've gotten a lot done, especially with how busy you are.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you got a prescription...that eases my mind too! Your stitching looks challenging but so lovely! And I love Mongolian Beef! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry but a tick bite can't be ignored anymore! Glad they gave you meds as a precaution! The stitiching will be caught up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy seeing your stitching. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, especially when it comes to a tick bite these days.

    ReplyDelete