Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Unraveled Wednesday 8/3/22

 Good Morning Everyone!

Once again I am running behind this morning.  It was another night of being awake for several hours and then finally falling asleep and not waking up until 7 a.m.  Not that it really matters.  I am planning to go to the office today (I have some personal printing I want to do in color and I should check the mail), but I can go in at any time.  Most likely I will stop at Trader Joe's as well.  Yesterday afternoon I had a very good eye doctor appointment which was nice.  I go back in 5-6 months for a field vision test (my favorite - NOT).

Now it's Wednesday and time to link up with Kat and all who are part of the Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  As you know, I was excited to finish up Fletcher's Cafe Au Lait socks (which he wore the other night when he walked and he pronounced them extremely comfortable and a perfect fit!!), so Friday morning I ended up winding 3 skeins of yarn from the stash.


The skein on the left is Static from KnitPicks and the colorway is Taos.  I chose that skein for my SIL in Colorado.  She and my brother go to New Mexico a lot, so I figured Taos was appropriate for her.  Oranges and turquoise - it's very pretty and I'm thinking of making the Abstract Leaves Cowl (minus beads) for her.

The middle skein, also my KnitPicks is Stroll and the colorway is Orbit.  This one is for my brother in CO who is an aerospace engineer.  I may make a hat for him...not sure yet.

The last skein on the right is a special one.  This is from back in the day when Valerie and her Mom were dying yarn and selling it.  This is Barn Cat (80/20 blend) and the colorway is Cosmopolitan.  I was thinking of a Hitchhiker or another shawl for a friend in FL, but I may cave and make something (socks??) for myself with this beautiful yarn.

Of course, I have not cast on anything with these yarns yet...maybe later today or tomorrow?  I ended up working on another dishcloth when Dee and I got together last Saturday and finished it up that evening.


Another light weight cotton that I got on sale somewhere (maybe at The Vulcan's Rest in Maryland a number of years ago??).  Just a simple waffle-weave pattern and it knit up very nicely.  I still have more light weight cotton yarn and some more Cotlin yarn for more dishcloths.  They are good potato chip knitting.

On the reading side of things, I did finish Violeta and really enjoyed it.  Now I'm in the midst of 4 other books (one Fletch and I are listening to after dinner, one I'm listening to [but have not listened to that in over a week!] and 2 "real" books I am reading...maybe I'll have some finishes to talk about next week!

Meanwhile, it's time to figure out what I can wear that is appropriate for the office and get myself moving.  I want to get in and out of the office quickly and be home before lunch.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to wind up yarn and dream about casting on new projects? I like how well you've connected the yarn colorways to the recipients of the projects you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarns, Vera! I like your plans for what they might become! (that last skein... gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good dishcloth to clean the palate between projects! This is a good pattern--I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those yarns are all lovely and would make very nice socks or a Hitchhiker. I hope it's a quick trip to the office so you can come home and cast on for something new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The promise of newly caked yarn!!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all lovely yarns. I can't wait to see them in process.
    I haven't knit up anything in ages. I even have a dishcloth on the needles someplace (not as nice as yours), but I just can't get in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how that gradient worked out. So pretty. Reminds me of lilacs or wisteria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on a dishcloth bender, too! They're so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful yarn selections! The dishcloth colors are a pretty ombré.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that yarn is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the FOs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're getting some sleep - getting up after those sleepless nights is really tough! Beautiful yarn - I can't wait until I see them all knitted up. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The newly wound yarn has all kinds of possibilities. I just cast on a waffle wash cloth in Cotlin! I hope you rest better for a few nights.

    ReplyDelete