Good Foggy Morning!
Yup! It's foggy and moist outside. Everything is dripping. But, we had no measurable rain. The rain gauge maybe moved a fraction (1/8th??) of an inch.
I have no TNT post today. Once again a week has gone by where I did not lift up a tiny needle once! So, I've decided to again mix it up and post a recipe today and maybe...maybe...I'll have some stitching to show on Thursday. Time will tell. Today I am sharing the salad I made on Sunday which is vegan (so I'll have to make it again when Colin is next here). It is very, very yummy and very, very easy to make.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (or more) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup toasted pecans
Dressing - combine all ingredients
- 4 TBS EVOO
- 4TBS freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp gound cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Toss sweet potato chunks with EVOO and place in a single layer on a large baking sheet or pan. Bake at 385 for 30-40 minutes. Cool to room temp.
- Combine beans, bell pepper, onion, celery and cilantro in a large bowl. Pour dressing over. When sweet potatoes are cool, toss them gently into the salad. Add pecans to top.
I completely forgot the pecans, but the salad was good anyway. I cut the recipe in half and there was still a bunch left over. A corn and black bean salad is pretty much a summer staple here at the Lane abode, but this was kind of a nice change. Similar but different.
Yesterday was a waste of time and a frustration. I needed to print labels, put them on envelopes and run them through the postage machine and overnight to Kevin. The postage machine at work, it turns out, is broken. So, whenever that gets fixed - hopefully today or tomorrow - I'm going to need to go back in to finish up my job.
Then on my way home I stopped at CVS to pick up a prescription for Fletch. It was in process and not yet filled...despite the fact that I had called Sunday morning and was told it would be ready by 1 p.m. on Sunday. If I'm not mistaken, yesterday was Monday...the day AFTER Sunday...but it still had not been filled. The clerk offered that I could wait and they would fill it within 1/2 hour. I declined.
I came home, did a few things and then took a long nap (I had not slept well Sunday night). Here's hoping that today is a little more productive!