Friday, August 19, 2022

Bounty

 Good Morning and Happy Weekend,

Oh man!  This has felt like one long week.  Originally I was scheduled for 3 conference calls this morning...8:30, 10:00 and 11:00.  Thankfully the 10:00 call has been cancelled.  Not wishing my life away, but I'd love the weekend to start right now.

The tomato bounty continues.  I picked these yesterday afternoon:


I counted and we had 21 large tomatoes on the counter plus 9 more in the upper windowsill of one window.  And, I noticed when I picked up a couple that they were beginning to spoil.  So, it was finally time to make bruschetta.


I will broil slices of a baguette with EVOO and then top with this mixture for lunch.  A little taste of heaven.

Fletch has gotten a bag of tomatoes and a container of the sun gold cherry tomatoes to take to our mechanic today.  It pays to be friends with your mechanic!

Last night also saw me making deviled eggs after discovering we had an extra dozen eggs in the frig.  By the time I cleaned up from making those and the bruschetta, I was ready for bed!  (But I stayed up and read for an hour or more.)

Wishing you all a fun weekend - whatever you have planned or end up doing - enjoy!!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in for a delicious lunch! Hope those conference calls go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping your Friday goes quickly and you can get to a relaxing weekend sooner! Enjoy your tomato bounty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than homegrown tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend, Vera! Your tomatoes look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived nearby! I'd love to share in the tomato haul. Those golden cherry tomatoes are divine. Enjoy your weekend and your wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks and sounds delicious! I'd say you have a bountiful garden. I get gifts from my sister's garden, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE bruschetta and haven't had it in ages. I used to make it all the time when I grew basil on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I never thought of taking some tomatoes to the mechanic! Good idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy all the glorious garden bounty, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Envying your tomato bounty. We're about a month behind the regular growing season b/c of a wet cool spring, and there are worries that tomatoes will be less than plentiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used some of your tomatoes last night and had Mexican Tomato/Cucumber Salad. Tonight it will be Caprese with the rest. Thanks for the 'maters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bruschetta sounds so good. I've been picking cherry tomatoes since we got home on Sunday. The one bush I planted is loaded. I hope your weekend is a wonderful one. Ours is shaping up to be REALLY busy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bruschetta looks delicious. I hope your Saturday was nice and that Sunday will be even better. The tomato bounty continues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tomatoes!! I hope your bruschetta was lovely. You live a good life!!

    ReplyDelete