Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday 8/16/22

 Good Morning!

How are you this sunny morning?  I'm happy to write that Colin made it safely home with no plane issues (or missing baggage) this time.  I'm sure Talbot and Marcel were very happy to see him (especially since Mailing had left early Sunday morning and Colin did not get home till almost midnight last night!).

The weather here has been just lovely.  No AC for several days now.  No rain either, which we still really need.  There was a promise of rain yesterday, but that dissolved (it all went South of us - again).  Fletch will be watering the garden today.

Speaking of garden, last night's dinner was pizza!  It was wonderful and I ate too much.


It was fully loaded with (from the garden) garlic, oregano, basil, sliced tomatoes, eggplant (which I had broiled ahead of time).  In addition it also had:  red onion, mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni and cheese.  I couldn't stop consuming (and the scale told me that this morning).  I will behave myself tonight.

Once again it is time for a TNT update.  Not much stitching was accomplished this past week...just the start of the next row in the alphabet.


The letters are small enough you would think I could have gotten more done, but I did not.  Poor Karen (no blog, lurker) who has requested the pattern when I am finished...she will be having her patience tried!

I still have not picked out the next piece I will stitch.  I keep going back and forth between some mighty big projects.  And, I still need to order more fabric.  I do have some 32 count and am toying with using that, but stitching over one rather than over two.  All to be determined....

Today I'd like to do some laundry and we will do a light grocery shopping.  Of course, there is also work to be done.  I am finalizing plans for Kevin's meeting at the end of the month and need to get signed contracts back to the hotel, finalize head counts and food, etc.  So, I guess I'd best get to it.  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. That pizza looks and sounds delicious! I, too, would have had a hard time not eating a lot of it, especially with all of those yummy additions from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.....pizza. That's the one thing I haven't been able to make in the slow cooker. I need to get on that oven repair thing again. Letters always slow me down too. I love the way they look but hate how fiddly they are.
    We didn't get the rain either and I was disappointed. I need a nice rainy do nothing kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of that pizza. We often make flatbread/naan pizzas on the grill. I use my pesto and marinate some tomatoes in balsamic and olive oil, then top with fresh mozz. So good.

    The sampler looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks YUMMY! We are enjoying the tomatoes you gave us. There is nothing better than home-grown tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pizza night here tonight and I'm looking forward to it - not from our garden, but from a great place I found in the next town.

    The sampler looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous looking pizza, Vera! I'd eat too much, too . . . Glad to hear Colin's return flight was uneventful. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden pizza looks wonderful! I'm sure there was no way to keep from eating too much, and much of it was vegetables, right? :-) Keep stitching, any progress is forward, no matter what the speed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have a crust recipe that you would like to share? My crust recipe is Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza crust but I'm sure I can do better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The day slipped by without time to read blogs this morning, so I’m reading after dinner. Your “garden” pizza looks amazing! I’m glad that Colin got home safely without delays and WITH his luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The alphabet shows progress-even with your busy week! Glad your son made it home safely with his luggage-how novel! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad Colin made it home safely! And that alphabet is really cute (despite it's size!)

    But your pizzas! oh YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that pizza sounds delicious. I mean to try grilling eggplant slices and I bet those could go on pizza too. I am glad Colin made it home without too much difficulty. I love the sampler.

    ReplyDelete