Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Unraveled Wednesday 11/15/23

 Good Morning Everyone,

I'm hoping that this morning finds you all doing well.  It is sunny here in Eastern PA and a bit on the chilly side (upper 20's), but no snow in the forecast!  And, for those of you wondering, the average speed of a snowflake falling is 3-4 MPH.  My guess was 3.

Here we are mid-month and mid-week.  Time for linking up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  I am making, but at a slower than normal pace.  I did start the Red Winged Blackbird socks for Fletch:


I don't see any red or yellow in this yarn, so I'm not sure where the name comes from, but I like the colors and the way it is knitting up, so it will do.

I also managed to crank out a couple more Granny Squares.  One day I will have enough for a blanket!


Reading has also been a bit slow.  I'm still reading The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger.  I have less than 100 pages left, so should finish it soon - maybe even today!  Yesterday I picked up a few books from the library including The Comfort of Crows which finally came in for me!  Excited to start that one.  I will try to take my time with it and not rush...rather I'd like to savor it.

I'm off work today - I'll be heading to Colin & Mailing's a little later this morning and will hang out there while their house is being cleaned.  I have more food to put in their freezer and am excited that they will be local by next Monday evening!  So, I will pack some reading, some knitting and perhaps some yarn and my crochet hook to keep me busy while I'm there.

Whatever your plans are for the day, I hope they include some moments where you can relax and just enjoy whatever is going on around you.  Take care!

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your "retreat" at C&M's today, Vera! XO (And I agree -- that yarn doesn't look like a Red-Winged Blackbird to me, but it's pretty fabulous anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure the person who named that yarn ever saw a Red-Winged Blackbird, but the colors are quite nice and will make a nice pair of socks for Fletch. I hope that C&M's house takes a good long time to clean and you enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to look forward to! It will be a warm and happy homecoming next Monday for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice for your son and wife to have you take care of their house and make it welcoming to them when they come back! Nice start tot he socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like that yarn and it will make great socks for Fletcher, but I'm with you on the name. You are such a great Mom to pack the freezer with food and get the house all spiffied up for the kids. I know that you're thrilled to have them close by again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a sign in the wetlands that says that Red Winged Blackbirds are found there but I've never seen one.
    How exciting to have the kids back home again. I would love it if the one I have in Michigan would decide to move back. You would hear my happy dance for miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the name of the colorway. I am so happy they are coming home - I bet you are thrilled beyond thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great day! Red and yellow make orange,so maybe that's what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a delightful day off! I always love packing up and taking off for for a bit--no matter where I'm headed, really. The chance to choose a few things to work on and enjoy without interruption is a real treat.
    Even without the balance of the colors, I do like that strong black with a pop... (But I might have to call that colorway something else.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you will absolutely love The Comfort of Crows, and it is really well suited to savoring! The sock is knitting up nicely, even if it's not quite the right colors for the bird!

    Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read The Comfort of Crows and have read from quite a few bloggers that they absolutely love this book. Your sock is looking great, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a great afternoon hanging out while someone else did the cleaning at C&M's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your day and C&M's was fun! And YES for savoring The Comfort of Crows! (it is absolutely in my top 10 books this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I imagine you will love having C and M be local again. I put The Comfort of Crows on my Christmas wish list. We'll see if Santa is paying attention. The sock looks like it is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete