Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday 11/21/23

 Good Morning!

I'm happy to let you know that the kids arrived safely home yesterday afternoon - before rush hour!  Thank you all for the good wishes for them.  As happy as they are to be out of the car, I suspect that Talbot and Marcel are even happier and pleased to be back on familiar ground (versus a hotel room!).  I'm also betting they are all a little chilly!  Even though Austin, TX can get awfully cold (like last Christmas when we visited), typically they are warmer there than here.  This morning it is just barely 32 and the dampness is evident - it will be raining by the afternoon according to our forecast.

Yesterday I made a lemony chicken soup with carrots, leeks, celery, onion, garlic and orzo.  It was good but I've decided I don't really like orzo.  I would rather have had noodles or rice in this mix.  Anyway, I wanted some good, crusty bread to go with it and didn't feel like baking any, so I ran to the store.  For one loaf of bread.  $80 later I walked out.  Yup.  I have NO self control.  I did find things that we *need* (sort of) and things I could use (some new canning jars for the cranberry relish and chutney to be made), some treats and food for Mabel (she deserves them), but also two (not one, but two) half gallons of ice cream.  Yikes!!!  I wasn't even hungry when I went to the store!

And now it's Tuesday and time for a TNT post and I have almost nothing to show...


The blue to the right of the letter C is new.  Earlier it was a much larger image, but if you look closely you can see where I unpicked a bunch of stitching.  Tedious would be a good way to describe it.  The blue is the beginning of yet another bouquet.  When I got down to where the container for it is stitched I realized I was off by a stitch.  One measly stitch.  I thought I would fudge it and then realized I wouldn't be happy.  The error was in the letter C.  The top of the C was short by one stitch.  So I unpicked all the blue, the beginning of the container and then the border to the right of the C and the top of the C.  Did I mention tedious?  But, I'm glad it is lining up now and am happier than I would have been if I had just fudged it.

Some weeks are just like that.

Today Fletch and I will go grocery shopping in the morning (because $80 wasn't enough to spend yesterday).  My annual review (which will determine when I retire) was supposed to be yesterday and first it was changed to a virtual meeting instead of in-person and then yesterday morning it was postponed to this afternoon.  So, I have that to look forward to - LOL.

Today is also the day I plan to make the cranberry relish and the cranberry chutney.  The house should smell yummy a little later!

Whatever you are up to this Tuesday, I hope it is fun and enjoyable!

14 comments:

  1. Mabel definitely deserves the treats! I'm sorry the stitching was so frustrating. As much as I enjoy stitching on linen, it is easy to get ever-so-slightly off.

    I hope your review goes well and you end the day with a delicious-smelling house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah....picking out stitches is NO fun. I always laugh at how much I worry about the stitches pulling out when I actually have to pull them out. They are in there like they were glued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor stitchers; unpicking is no fun! I'm crocheting snowflakes and crochet is very easy to rip out (sometimes too easy). I'm glad C&M arrived safely and their cats are free to roam the whole house. I had to laugh at your $80 trip for one loaf of bread as I've done that myself. I hope your review lets you determine that you can retire earlier rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about the lemons right now so your soup sounds perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very easy to drop $100 when getting just a few items at the grocery stores! The stitching looks great-glad you straightened up the little 'oops' with the letter C!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grabbed ice cream, too, at the store yesterday! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors in that stitched piece are beautiful. Hopefully, you can move along now with no more frogs.

    Good luck with your review this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel you on the spending! Dave and I went out last night to get ONE folding table (for extra seating for Christmas dinner), and came home with the table, moccasins for his Mom, new pants for him, a new space heater for my office, so boot socks for me, coffee filters, Christmas decorations, cat food... the cart just kept filling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the meeting goes really well! Good luck with that! Glad that C + M are safe at home and that their cats are happy too. Sounds like Mabel will be getting some type of TG feast! So grateful she is back with you for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear of Colin and Mailing's safe arrival home and I hope they are all settling back in easily. I hear you on those grocery store trips, I have to go today to get a couple of things I forgot and I imagine I'll spend another fortune, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that C & M are there safe and sound! And I hope your review went well! (and your stitching is lovely... as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I frequently order groceries online and just pick them up. I eliminate a LOT of impulse purchases that way. Happy to hear Colin, Mailing, Marcel, and Talbot arrived home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanksgiving is treats-giving! everyone needs treats as we head into winter. I'm reading this Tuesday evening and hoping all went well with your review today so you can retire tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should say picking out that cross stitch would be quite tedious. The sampler is going to be beautiful though. Grocery shopping is a mixed blessing. I try to be thankful that I have the resources to buy what we need and more. I'm happy to hear that Colin and Mailing arrived home safely.

    ReplyDelete