Thursday, November 16, 2023

House Cleaning

 Hello and Good Morning!

How are you?  I so enjoyed having yesterday off.  I arrived at Colin's ahead of when the cleaner was supposed to arrive...and then she was late because she went to the wrong address...  Anyway, a very nice person (HUGE false eyelashes and beautifully manicured, long nails - don't know how she keeps them with the business she has).  The cleaning was adequate.  The house is certainly cleaner than it was - bathrooms cleaned, all the floors done, etc.  There were just some things that were not done (to my specifications).  All in all though, I'm glad to have had it done and glad to have paid for it.  The kids will have a clean house upon arrival.

It was fairly chilly yesterday and the house was freezing!  I had to text Mailing to find out how to turn on the heat - I didn't even know where the thermostat was!  LOL  I did get the heat on and I did remember to turn it back before I left.  I'll go back on Sunday with some last minute groceries for them and will put the heat back on then so that when they arrive on Monday evening it won't be icy inside.

While the cleaning was being done I did manage to knit, read and crochet.  A perfect day!!


Seen on my way home on the car in front of me.  LOL

Now it's Thursday morning and I have a bunch of reports to run and distribute.  A contractor will be here around 8 or so.  My hope is that 1) it is not too noisy and 2) the work is finished early.  We shall see.

Happy Thursday everyone - make it a good one!

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day all around, Vera! (And coming home to a warm, clean, well-stocked house is going to be such a treat for C&M.) I hope your day goes well. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so thoughtful to welcome C&M with a clean, warm house and groceries! It's exciting that they'll be here soon and moving back soon after that. I hope your contractor is quiet and you have a lovely Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids are going to be so appreciative to come home to a clean house -- that was such a lovely thing to do for them! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the contractor is quiet and your work goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for them to be back home soon! And I hope the contractor AND work are quiet today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was waiting for you to say that you cleaned those areas yourself, and I'm so glad that you DID NOT. The kids will be happy to have a warm, clean house with food; they won't be inspecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing Mailing, Colin and the kitties a safe and uneventful trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So kind to have the houseclean and cozy for their return. The knitting and reading time is a great bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a wonderful gift to have their house cleaned (and warmed up) for them! Love the window sticker! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knit of die! I love it. I need one of those. I need it on a tee shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a house cleaner who comes every other week. I'm grateful that they do the things I hate like washing the floors and cleaning the bathroom. They never ever dust to my standards but it's still a treat! And you are so thoughtful to do all of this prep for Mailing and Colin's return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "To my specifications..." THAT made me laugh. I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse to have them so high (thanks Mom!), but no one has ever cleaned to mine, either. It'll be so great to have your kids back!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great mom you are! How lovely to have them nearby again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, C&M are so fortunate to have you taking good care of making sure they come back to a HOME! I hope you were able to knit, read, crochet, and maybe even stitch? (I love the colors at the end of your sampler ... those pinks and reds are just beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure the kids are grateful for all the support and help you give. And you are counting the days until their arrival! I saw a cross stich pattern with "sock knitter" stitched along with a line of socks. Of course, thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great sticker for the car! It made me chuckle because it's so true. :-) What a great Mom you are. Making sure the house is a home again for the kids is such a Mom thing to do. Groceries too! With the high price of those these days, that's no small thing. I know you're excited. We're having a great time with our travelers. All are in bed now suffering from jet lag. Hope their bodies have caught up with our time by tomorrow.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. when I used to babysit, that lady had a cleaner and I was always thinking of how underclean everything was...I guess I am a neurotic cleaner??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray for a clean house or a mostly clean house. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I need that sticker for my car! Having a house cleaned is such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete