Monday, March 14, 2022

Weekending

 Good Morning!

I'm a bit late in posting today.  And with good reason.  I've been at my office (work office...not home office) since 7:30 this morning.  One of my bosses - Bruce - is having a VP meeting here today and I needed to come in.  I presented to the group around 8:30 and once their lunch is delivered I'll be able to go home.

My weekend was not as planned.  If you read Dee's Blog over the weekend, you know that we were supposed to meet up on Saturday for some quality girl time - coffee, knitting, chatting - the usual.  BUT, we woke up to wintry weather.  It was pretty, but not what I wanted to see.


Looking out at the garden from the patio.  The wind howled and blew ALL day.  Poor Mabel was beside herself.  I think she was somewhat bored.  Friday had been gorgeous (almost 70 degrees) and she spent most of the day outside.  Saturday she would go out and two minutes later be pawing at the door to come back in.  Back and forth about a million times!


My poor Rosemary plant on the patio.  I've been using it all winter (it's been mild), but Saturday's storm may have done it in.

Like Dee, I sipped some coffee and worked a little bit on knitting.  Then I picked up some stitching.  Then I decided that I really had to do some cleaning, so I dusted and vacuumed the bedroom.  Not what I had planned at all!

Fletch was really jonesing for a steak sandwich, so cleared the snow off one of the cars and ventured out to a local place at dinner time.  The snow had stopped by then and roads were not bad.  He brought dinner home and it was so good (and I was so happy not to have had to cook!).

The other thing that happened on Saturday was that my brother, Ray, came home from the hospital.  YAY.  It was touch and go for a bit as to whether he would/could come home or not.  Medicare was saying he should go to a rehab facility for 6 weeks for his antibiotic infusions rather than being home, but finally they were able to line up a visiting nurse who could come on Saturday (there is, apparently, a shortage of visiting nurses).  I had a 45 minute conversation with him yesterday and he sounds great!  It was so good to hear his voice.  He will be going back for CT scans of his heart and mechanical valve every 4-6 weeks, but at least he can sleep in his own bed at night!  Whew!  It has been a scare for sure.

Well, work emails keep streaming in, so I'd best get back to work.  Have a wonderful week.  I'll be back tomorrow with a TNT update.

17 comments:

  1. That storm did in all my pretty spring blooms. My daffodils and crocus were beat to the ground. How rude of Mother Nature to inflict that mess upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really kind of snowy, icy, and blowy on Saturday, but this week looks a bit warmer and nicer, so I hope you and Dee can get together next weekend. I've been thinking about steak sandwiches for a while, but I've been too lazy to actually go get one. Now I really want one! I'm glad Ray can be at home and hope your day at work is a short one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that Ray is doing well and that he is able to stay home for his treatment. I'm sure HE is glad for that too.

    Poor Mabel. If she is anything like Giroux, she does not like WET feet.

    Maybe if we can get together this upcoming Saturday, Mother Nature will be a bit more friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such positive news for your brother. I'm glad for you.

    Both of my cats are indoor cats, yet Piper loves to burst out the door and go walk in the snow. I have no idea why he likes it, but he really does. Once he gets a minute or two, he then comes right back in. It's the only time he truly shows interest in going outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear some good news for your brother.

    Our weather was similar but not quite as much snow. I was able to make it to Mom's for the weekend. It was cold, but the next week is promising to stay above freezing, which would be just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a glorious weekend. Yesterday we took a long walk and then Mom and I sat outside in chairs on the driveway in the sunshine for a few hours. It was glorious. Dennis puttered in the garage and we had a lovely day. I think you got the storm that came through here on Thursday. Thankfully it warmed up quickly ater that.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your brother was able to go home! There's a shortage of just about {everyone} these days, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"m so happy that Ray is much better. Sorry the weekend got derailed--but it sounds like you did the best you could!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer about the weather but I'm happy to hear that good news that Ray is home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had the same wild swing in weather out here, too, but the snow is quickly melting today and the sun is out. I hope Mabel has been able to get out today and shake off her cabin fever! Such great news that Ray is home and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping it is winter's last gasp! Such good news for your brother and glad you were able to talk with him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that Ray is on the mend! No snow here, but lots and lots of rain. Today we are supposed to get a rain river; the last time that happened it broke the record in 1972 for that day. We had 3 inches and a "lake" in our driveway. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thrilled to hear about Ray’s release! Continued prayers for a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm envious of your snow. I'm sure I sound boring but it is so dry here. I'm glad your brother is feeling well enough to be home. I imagine he will rest better at home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The good thing about spring snow . . . is that it's usually short lived (and doesn't do much damage to plants, so hope your rosemary survived). It's pretty, though. (Sorta.) We had heavy snow all weekend . . . but it warmed up yesterday and now you can't even tell! That's crazy March weather for you. . . XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yesterday almost all the snow melted, whew! And ugh for having to actually go in to work... really, ugh!

    But best news ever for your brother. I will continue to keep him in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that weather was insane! Luckily we are looking at a mighty fine warm up this week. I am ready for SPRING.

    ReplyDelete