Friday, March 25, 2022

Miscellaneous Things on a Foggy Friday Morning

 Good Morning!

Yup, it is another foggy morning here.  I'm sitting at my desk sipping cardamom black pepper coffee and the world outside is a bit hushed as can only happen on a foggy morning.  I like it!  Today's post just has a bunch of random stuff in it and then a sweet picture of Mabel.

First up, wine.  Another bottle I bought for the label:


Zinfandels are not my favorites, but "all profits donated to equal rights" caught my eye.  Here is the back of the bottle.


The wine is ok...not great...probably won't buy it again, but I just thought it was interesting.

A little bit ago I posted about an unusual flower I found at Trader Joe's.  I think Kat and Bonny are correct that it is a Protea.  It is still looking pretty much the same.


Click to enlarge.  I had hoped it would open a bit, but it is still just as it was when I bought it!  The scent (which wasn't all that strong to begin with) seems to have vanished.

Finally sweet Mabel.  She just loves to sit in Fletch's lap when he is on the couch.


She is such a love bug these days!

This morning I hope to do the domestic chores I avoided ALL week - LOL.  Fletch is running out for a bit this a.m. and I will have the place to myself.  I have a conference call at 11 and another one at 2 p.m. which is an insult to the start of my weekend.  Also, the afternoon call is a full division call and there could be upwards of 100 people on the call.  Not fun.  I may log on and then quickly get off.

Tomorrow morning Dee and I have plans to meet up for coffee, chatter and knitting.  A nice way to start my Saturday.  wishing you all a wonderful weekend!


17 comments:

  1. Mabel is the best thing ever! I love seeing her here and watching her grow up. Have fun with Dee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun things, Vera! Wine labels and curious flowers . . . and Mabel! Enjoy the weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun things (well minus those conference calls!) Have a great weekend and enjoy your get together with Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like zins; Saldo is my favourite offering in that label. I'd probably have bought the one you did as well just for the social justice aspect.

    I remember you said that Fletch didn't care for the name Mabel. Has that changed or does he call her something different? She looks blissful in his lap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the chores and the calls go quickly and you can get an early start on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know much about wine so I often choose one with a nice label. That one is great (even if the wine isn't)! The good thing about a conference call with 100 people is that you might not be missed. I hope you can get out quickly and have fun with Dee tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good day to putter and clean in between your work calls. It's nice to see Mabel learn how lap-snuggles can be very sweet for both parties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My chore day is tomorrow. Dave's out of the house for the weekend so I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you got a sweet kitty. She is adorable.

    Nice to start the weekend out with all the chores (home & work) done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Mabel. She's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Mabel is just the cutest. Giroux looks regal and Mabel looks cuddly. I'm not sure what it is. I'm so glad she's gotten more cuddly as time has progressed. Have a great weekend of playtime and knitting with Dee.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The protea won't open any more, but they do dry beautifully, lasting for years. My daughter had a King Protea in her wedding bouquet and it is still looking beautiful 12 months later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just what is the point of a 100 person call? It would seem like anything could be dealt with in an email, b/c there is probably not space for discussion. But organizations. Blech sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the 2:00 p.m. call wasn't too painful. Enjoy your meetup with Dee tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cardamom black pepper coffee sounds interesting!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete