Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Unraveled Wednesday 3/23/22

 Good Morning!

Kind of a grey one here and rain is in our forecast.  But...the lilac bush outside my office window is simply loaded with leaf buds that are beginning to open.  Further down the front lawn, the Forsythia that Fletch put in last year (that we had both forgotten about!!) is blooming.  What a spot of joy to see the bright yellow!

Here we are at the mid-week mark again and time to link up with Kat and the Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  Once again I'm happy to report that there has not been any unraveling here at The Threaded Lane.  Progress has been made on both projects.  The Guernsey Wrap is getting close to where it was a year ago.


The yarn I'm using (Wool of the Andes by KnitPicks) is so soft.  I just know this will be a very warm and cozy wrap once finished.

The Hiking Trail sock is also progressing:


I am roughly halfway through the leg.  I love the flecks of purple that appear in the yarn as I knit.  The colorway (Hiking Trail) is very aptly named.

Reading is as it was last week.  I realized I have slowed down my reading of The Island of Missing Trees to make the book last longer - the writing is just that good.  Fletch and I continue to read Taste after dinner...only reading 10-15 pages at a stretch is allowing this book to last as well.  It's a fun one to read out loud.  I enjoy reading the recipes (heck, I've always loved reading cookbooks), but those are the parts Fletch does not enjoy.

Today's agenda includes some domestic chores - cleaning, washing towels, etc.  Fletch is taking my car in for a tire to be plugged.  Somewhere in my travels I managed to pick up a large screw and now the tire will not hold air very well.  And, of course, some work, though so far things are quiet this morning.

What are you making and reading this week?

14 comments:

  1. Your wrap looks lovely with nice texture and those socks look great! I was sad when I finished Island and have been thinking about the fig tree for a few days. I hope your luck is better than mine with tires. I took mine in to have a screw removed from one tire and the hole plugged last week, but the screw was towards the sidewall and the plug wouldn't hold. I told them to go ahead and replace the tire, but it turns out I needed to get two tires because they couldn't find one that matched the good one. It went from being what I hoped would be an inexpensive fix to a rather expensive one. (Of course, the tires needed to be mounted and balanced, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Guernsey Wrap is going to be gorgeous. Still nothing blooming at this altitude, but hopefully next month. I’m volunteering this morning as a substitute receptionist at the senior center. I’ve been there since Monday. It’s been a long time since I’ve been up, dressed and at work before the sun is fully up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knits are looking good.
    No reading for me, but I've started a baby cardigan. A coworker is due in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Guernsey wrap is gorgeous. What a rewarding knit it is.

    I'm finally reading The Lincoln Highway, which had occupied my TBR pile far too long. My knitting is gestating (and hopefully knitting itself?) whilst my left index finger arthritis calms down and both wrists settle as well. Of all the things my talented grandmother could have given me, why did I have to get her arthritis?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd really like to reach through the screen to give your wrap a squish. I know how cozy that yarn is, and the texture of the stitch pattern looks so inviting!

    I'm waiting for The Island of Missing Trees, among other books I have on hold, and in the meantime I'm reading some non-Anne of Green Gables L.M. Montgomery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that guernsey wrap is going to be gorgeous. We're supposed to get a little snow today. 70's all weekend and 25 today. Not funny. It was a tantalizing glimpse of spring.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wrap looks beautiful. Could you bring it on Saturday?

    I have a magazine for Fletch that I think he will enjoy. Good article on heirloom seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Island of Missing Trees, I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Face job on the rap it does sound like a pretty yarn. The sock is really pretty- that yarn is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am almost done with The Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher and really am enjoying it this second time through. Lots of interesting history of the PNW and lots of photos of Native Americans. At the moment I'm working on a hat with the Kingsey pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty knitting Vera. That Guernsey Wrap is going to be lovely in gray. I'm finishing up "All That She Carried" and finding it to be excellent nonfiction. I'm reading an older book, The Summer Guest, with one story line set in the Ukraine 1880's. The jury is still out - slow but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lilacs are my absolute favorites. I still have to wait a little while here in New Hampshire, but lilac season is the best!!

    You're making me excited to get to The Island of Missing Trees. What praise! Your knitting, as always, is lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. any post that declares NO unraveling is a wonderful post!!! Lovely knitting and my the knitting streak continue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Lilac Envy! We lost ours last year to some disease. Boo!

    Your Guernsey wrap is looking so lovely and I am even more eager to get The Island of Missing Trees now!

    ReplyDelete