Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tiny Needle Tuesday 3/8/22

 Good Morning Everyone,

Once again, thank you all for the tremendous outpouring of healing vibes for my brother.  I don't really have any updates other than that the doctors at Penn don't seem to think it is the dire situation that the doctors in Maryland thought.  So, they are running all the tests again that were already done in MD.  I decided to not bother my sister in law last night as I know if there is some major change or turn she will keep me up to date.

I had hoped to get a walk in yesterday (I know the fresh air would be good for me), but work was crazy (again) and the wind was howling.  We had rain last night and that wind continued howling ALL night.  It was difficult to fall asleep as windows were rattling and the howling was just loud.  This morning it is back to being in the 30's and our high forecast is only in the low 40's.  It is still pretty breezy out there.  Mabel will go outside and then promptly get spooked by dead leaves blowing around.  

It has been difficult for me to concentrate on anything much.  No additional stitching was done on The Visiting Bird.  The Adam & Eve sampler saw just a small amount done on the latest dividing band.


Work should ease up today (fingers crossed) so maybe I can find time to put some more stitches in.  I sure hope so!

Last night our dinner was the chicken dish that Bonny posted about last week.  It was delicious!!  We only had one can of black beans, so I also threw in some pinto beans and a cut up shallot.  We had it on wraps that we first covered in guacamole.  YUM!!!  Bonus:  there was enough left over that I froze a container as well as put a container in the frig for lunches.

Time for me to pour another cup of coffee.  May your Tuesday bring you joy!

16 comments:

  1. Those winds were terrible yesterday. I thought we would blow away when we tried to take Pup out for a walk. We heard a tree go down last night. We'll have to explore out in the woods today to see how close to the house it got. March winds do blow but this is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better news for Ray from Penn than MD, but the lack of a definitive diagnosis is very unsettling. I'll continue to send healing thoughts, and add good thoughts for a clear-cut diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping that today you get some better news from your sister-in-law -- being a two-time Penn alum, I have high confidence in those Penn doctors!

    We've had some really high winds here, too. There was a scary few minutes yesterday afternoon when I thought some trees were going to come down. I actually saw a power line snap and spark, but thankfully our power only flickered for a second. Our neighbors on the other side of the street, however, weren't so lucky. There's a power company truck outside, so I'm hoping they get their power back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had those winds over the weekend. . . only ours brought snow . . . Spring is such a fickle time. Continuing to send my best for Ray. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winds were just crazy... as was the volume of rain we got on this side of the state and it feels decidedly wintery out this morning.

    I hope they have some answers soon for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sampler is gorgeous, so traditional, I love it.
    Always a bonus when there is enough dinner left for tomorrow's lumch!
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wind was crazy. It sounded like we had spooks in our wood burner. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sampler is beautiful. Samplers intrigue me, I'm not sure I understand why it seems the alphabet is always included in a sampler. Also, why some alphabets go through to z and some do not. Were these done as a way of teaching not only sewing but reading to children?

    ReplyDelete
  9. the stitching is coming along-even if it has been slower for you. The recipe sounds delicious! We had rain last night for the first time in weeks. Supposed to be cold (for us) this weekend; it's hard to remember it is just March! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's hoping for calmer weather and happy health news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strong wind always unnerves me, especially when it rattles the windows. I hope you have time to stitch today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh brother, do I detest wind. It really makes me edgy and affects my sleep. We had the big winds over the weekend and lost lots of tree limbs. Luckily, no damage. The ones that came down at the lake needed to go anyway.

    Off to take a look at Bonny's recipe. We're really getting bored with food around here lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers continue. We have had tons of wind ever since we moved back here. I don't remember it being this windy when I was growing up.
    Take care and be safe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like your brother is in good hands, thanks for the update. Another recipe to check out! Clicking next.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had crazy wind all weekend but it's settled down yesterday and today. It is back to cold out though. But it is only March - I do have to keep myself in check when it comes to weather expectations

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful stitching and hoping there is GOOD news for your brother!!

    ReplyDelete