Oh the weekend is upon us...well, I do have some work to do, but basically it is the weekend. So YAY!
I have two conference calls today (10 and 11) and I emailed both Division Presidents suggesting they be cancelled since we have similar calls on Monday. The 10:00 President responded and cancelled the call! I have not heard from the 11:00 President, but she is on the West Coast and may still be asleep. Fingers crossed, but even if she wants the call that's only 50% of what I woke up thinking I would have to do.
I have spent a good part of the morning so far stash diving. Looking again at my yarn to choose what to use for the SSP Shawl (Rav Link). So many options. I had chosen one main color and then Fletch decided he would like another pair of socks...in that color...But this morning I found an alternative for him that I am hoping he will like (he should be downstairs soon for breakfast, so I will know before too long).
Meanwhile I did start the Lizard socks for Colin.
Just started...10 rows of ribbing so far. I almost always knit 15 rows of ribbing before getting into a pattern, so five more. I think I've figured out a way to make the left twist stitch easier for me to do (I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it!).
It is a chilly morning here (19 F) and it feels especially raw after the taste of Spring we had earlier in the week. However, our weekend forecast is for warmth and Fletch has already said he would like to grill both Saturday and Sunday. Steaks one night and hot and sweet Italian sausage another night. YUM
Here's hoping that each of you enjoy a wonderful weekend. Have fun!
Fletch just came down and he still prefers the original yarn he chose...so more stash diving is in order!
Oh, and please send healing wishes out to my brother Ray. He had been running a fever for several days and then it went up to 103 one night. My sister in law took him to the ER and they ruled out Covid, flu, and pneumonia. Ray had open heart surgery several years ago and has a mechanical valve in his heart, so they looked at that too and everything looked ok. They took some blood cultures and wanted him to check into the hospital, but he declined. The blood cultures were supposed to take 2-3 days for results, but the doctor called at 7 a.m. the next day and said basically "get your butt into the hospital...something is going on." They have now determined that he has "out of control bacteria in his gut" but can't figure out where it came from or how or why, etc., etc. So, he is in the hospital having a lot of scans and tests done. I have not gotten an update yet this morning.