Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Unraveled Wednesday 3/30/22

 Good Morning!

Still a bit chilly here - in the 20's this morning.  Yesterday was such a pretty day.  Although it was still on the cold side, we had abundant sunshine and I think more of that is forecast for today.  I'm heading to the office a little later.  Just need to check the mail, print out something for moi, and then stop at JoAnn's for DMC thread and Trader Joe's for a couple of things (including more flowers).  But first it is Unraveled Wednesday.  The last one in March.  As usual, I am linking up with Kat and her Merry Unravelers to talk making and reading.

There has been a little progress on both knitting projects.  First up, the first of the Hiking Trail socks has reached the end of the heel flap and is patiently waiting for the magic of turning the heel.


I'm enjoying knitting with this yarn and I love the purple flecks that run throughout it.  These will be for Colin, so there is still a way to go (large feet).  But, no rush.

The Guernsey Wrap is also progressing nicely.


I have roughly 10 or 12 rows to complete the first 78 rows of Chart A.  Once that is done, I go back and knit again rows 1-58.  Then I can move on to Chart B.  I figured out last year when knitting this that there are 465 rows total...so still a bit of a way to go!  It's a relaxing knit, and with just 58 stitches in a row (I'm knitting the worsted version), the rows go quickly.

On the reading side of things, I did finish The Island of Missing Trees which is just such a good, good book.  I wanted it to go on and on.  Now I'm about 75 pages into Still Life - yet another beautiful book.  Fletch and I continue to enjoy reading Taste together after dinner.  We are nearing the end of that book, but I already have our next "read together" book picked out.

Time for me to pour another cup of coffee and get moving.  Head over to Kat's to see what everyone is making and reading - you will find inspiration!

16 comments:

  1. Two great knits that are moving along nicely, and all those good books! I loved Island and Taste, but still haven't gotten to Still Life - yet. I don't know anyone who hasn't liked it, so it's one to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that texture on the wrap!! gah :) it was sunny here yesterday and while it was cold it was less cold than the day before. Today we will approach 70!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Missing Trees" and "Still LIfe" are among the best books I've read recently, so I'm happy you're enjoying them, too. And your knitting is looking GOOD, Vera. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Still Life... and I am hoping Missing Trees heads my way soon.

    When I was listening to Gathering Moss... I thought of you! I think you would love the story. The history. The tidbits of knowledge that RWK shares! :)

    And I love that sock yarn! It is knitting up beautifully! (what pattern is that?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in such a good, happy place right now, both with the reading and the knitting. Don't you love when that happens? I hope it warms up for you today (back home, it's supposed to go from the low 30s to the low 70s today!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching is looking great. I am loving that wrap!
    It's supposed to be somewhat warm today (If you can call 50F warm)... but it is very windy! My office window is rattling like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks are very handsome! The wrap looks like such a fun knit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wrap is beautiful! I'm glad it's going so well. At least there aren't a lot of stitches per row so you can celebrate small goals like finishing a row!
    It was 70 and stormy yesterday and today we're in the 20's and it's COLD again. Crazy March weather.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about Still Life and Island of Missing Trees! I'd also recommend Moon Tiger, which is older, but if you haven't read it you're in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wrap is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sock looks terrific. I don't see the purple, but I really like the colourway.

    The wrap will be a work of art when you finish. It's a bit like a sampler, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza! The sock yarn is gorgeous with the purple, green, and beige. You’re steaming right along on the wrap: it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are committed to that gainsay and I am impressed! I need to check out The missing trees book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wrap is coming along so nicely. I love that it is kind of like a sampler of stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Guernsey Wrap is so pretty and there is progress on the sock. Hooray. I do love texture in knitting. I just picked up Still Life from my library and am very much looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Knitting is something I can't do well. Lol I wish I'm as patient and crafty as you are. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete